The DEAD 12" - your favorite portrait

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Jeremy

Freaked Out
Reaction score
#1 What's your favorite The Dead 12" portrait (Punk and PZ PF don't count)

#2 What's your least favorite The Dead portrait (again, minus Punk and PZ PF)?

The reason I would like to leave out the Punk portrait on this one is that it isn't in our hands yet to judge the final production piece and PZ PF is a different beast altogether.

#1 The Harbinger (love that peeled back skin showing the brain)

#2 The Butcher (not very "zombish" for my taste, just a bloated fat guy)

this was my least favorite,

TSDEAD805.jpg

but now he's my favorite :D
SL732480.jpg

Favorite: Security Guard

Least: Mall Santa
- while a fine sculpt, no real zombification.

And if we add a final category,
Most disappointing: Tactical
-should have been one of the best, but green paint wtf?!?

Favorite: Security Guard.

Amazing sculpt, tons of detail and personality. great paint aps.
Runner up: Street Profit. Great eyes. I wish they did the punk's mohawk the same as the creepy homeless guy hair.

Worst: Mall Santa.

Not very zombish sculpt. Too 28 days later. I like my zombs rotten!

Runner up: Tactical Zomb. Stupid green switcharoo factory ^^^^ ups! And they could've fixed it with one of those variants, but instead we got 3 times the puke green. :banghead

Last edited:
Favorite: Subject 5
He's what got me hooked and the sculpt has stood up to time. PZ was a close second for pure nostalgic/grail reasons. Likely if the ornament had been an actual figure (customs don't count), it would've spanked them all.

Least favorite: Subject 57
Emo zombie. Why's he crying? Out of all of The Dead, he just seems the most.... "eh." 1025 almost got it for the variants but can you really get tired of looking at Dusty? :p

I like 1206 for the freshly bitten aspect of the design, and while many don't like 805, the guacamole colorscheme is accurate to later stages of decomp. Both of these add levels of variety to both ends of the zombie spectrum.

Last edited:
The green isn't necessarily a terrible thing, but I think what sucks is that for this figure it was so much and dark that it obscured the sculpt. The proto was so great looking which made the final product all that much more disappointing.

Fav sculpt? Sculpt only, not complete figure?

Fav: X-mas Ornament

Least: corporate zombie

Favorite: Security Guard

Least: Mall Santa
- while a fine sculpt, no real zombification.

And if we add a final category,
Most disappointing: Tactical
-should have been one of the best, but green paint wtf?!?

I agree and I don't.

I think the line has done well to show a varying degree of zombification. Which I personally like.

Also, I really had high hopes for the Tact and was so let down. Then they try and release an "exclusive" version ! Please. :duh

I agree and I don't.

I think the line has done well to show a varying degree of zombification. Which I personally like.

Also, I really had high hopes for the Tact and was so let down. Then they try and release an "exclusive" version ! Please. :duh

:lecture

Its cool to see the progression of the disease. Not just the stereotypical Thriller-type look.

However on the other extreme I disliked the tactical zombie, not so much because of the color, but because it seemed too extreme.

Funny thing is if he was painted like the proto he would not have looked so rotted. Oh well, contaminated water under the bridge.

Back