Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apone

Super Freak
Reaction score
Click the pic! Buy now!

These are the Droids you're looking for!
C-3P0 & R2-D2 Premium Format figures - Sideshow Exclusive

C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format teaser

ss_6.jpg

Looking pretty good so far

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Premium Format C3PO in progress

So far so good, the proportions on the body look great, just like he looked on screen. I really hope it gets a golden chrome-like finnish with weathering added.

How is this going to be considered a PF without clothing? Is it going to be gold plated or something? :confused:

If they add wires for his waist, I think it could qualify as mixed media.

And yes, he looks pretty good so far, but he MUST be chromed! I'm interested to see if they correct the too-large eyes on the 1:1 version.

this will look good.

It looks like they're sculpting it as armor. So if a black jumpsuit is used underneath the armor to cover up the base body (like Anthony wore), that'd also add to the mixed media.

I am not too crazy about say a mic/droid caller being the exclusive for this but, i think they should just give him a magnetic restraining bolt as the exclusive.

How is this going to be considered a PF without clothing? Is it going to be gold plated or something? :confused:

Grievous (regular version) didn't have clothing. Mixed media doesn't mean that they have to use cloth, just a variety of materials to best represent the original character. If C-3PO has elements of ploystone, metal, wire and plastic, then he'll be mixed media.

another great exclusive would be the droid head that he had in ep II

Congrats SW fans! :rock

This is definitely going to be a big seller.

Light up eyes should be on all of them. The only time 3PO's eyes were dark was when he was shut off.

I like the restraining bolt. Although I also like the idea of the exclusive being a dirty Tattooine version.

And I think a great exclusive for R2 would be a dirty Dagobah version to go with the Luke and Yoda.

I've thought about that before, and the only thing about dirty exclusives would be that you have to permanently choose one version or the other.

That's true and I guess it may not sell as well because of that.

Back