Mindzeye Studios Gears 2 Comic-Con Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blankman

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hey all, I just wanted to drop a note hear about our interview with Pete Jirles (President of Mindzeye Studios). With Comic-Con about to start tomorrow, Mindzeye will have sweet deals on their Comic-Con exclusive statues line priced at $125 for 'Final Hope' Marcus/Dom and $150 for 'Rage' variant Boomer. Each statue is set at a limited run of 100. A few Freaks members have already ordered their statues. Check out the interview for more details: https://www.gearheadsofwar.com/story/2009/7/21/123111/313
Hope you guys and girls enjoy the juicy tidbits!:D

So did anyone drop by their booth and see the exclusives? I'm thinking about picking up the Boomer and was wondering if anyone had any opinions or in person pictures?

So did anyone drop by their booth and see the exclusives? I'm thinking about picking up the Boomer and was wondering if anyone had any opinions or in person pictures?

Yep, I picked up all three. I even got Pete Jirles (Pres. of Mindzeye Studios) to hook up Lonnie with very low numbers. My buddy, Razor Hanzo, also picked up all three as well. They look absolutely awesome!:cool:

I "thought" I hit every inch of the con floor, but don't recall seeing the mindzeye booth. Where were they located at on the con floor, or near who, ow which booth number, approximately?

I "thought" I hit every inch of the con floor, but don't recall seeing the mindzeye booth. Where were they located at on the con floor, or near who, ow which booth number, approximately?

If I recall, they were down in the 400 section. Dom and Marcus are great statues, but if I had to choose, the Boomer is an absolute must-have. The detail is incredible and the red color makes him really stick out. Aso, you can't beat the price.

I decided against getting them. The Boomer is a decent size at 12" but Dom and Marcus are just too small at 10" for my collecting habits.

So these three are now available through Sideshow. I have enough reward points to get the Boomer for free. Do I do it or save my points for something I want more in the future?!? :duh :tap

I still don't get why these lower edition SDCC pieces are less expensive than the regular versions. :huh

I still don't get why these lower edition SDCC pieces are less expensive than the regular versions. :huh

My guess would be that they made so many of the ones from SDCC 2008 that they are trying to think of a creative way to unload them as the others apparently didn't sell as well as they wanted to.

What I don't understand is why they won't make these in resin and paint them. That would make them a "must buy" for me.

So these three are now available through Sideshow. I have enough reward points to get the Boomer for free. Do I do it or save my points for something I want more in the future?!? :duh :tap

Fritz, if you can get the Boomer for free using your SSC points, do it. You won't regret the decision. As in regards to the SDCC '09 Rage variant Boomer and Marcus/Dom Final Hope variants, respectively, Pete followed the same pricing formula as the previous SDCC exclusive. He did this with the SDCC '08 Midnight version of Hellboy as well. The regular, painted Hellboy goes for much more than the exclusive version. The main reason why Pete Jirles has the SDCC exclusives at a cheaper price is due to the simple fact of "giving back to the collecting community" that has helped Mindzeye grow. Mindzeye Studios is a small company that is producing high quality collectibles. Pete is trying to get the word out that his company is really looking out for the not only collectors' wallets, but their interests as well. :cool:

If you didn't get it last night, you're out of luck already! Sold out!

Well never mind then, this makes my decision easy. :lol It's funny, now that I can't have it, I want it. :wacky

Fritz, if you can get the Boomer for free using your SSC points, do it. You won't regret the decision. As in regards to the SDCC '09 Rage variant Boomer and Marcus/Dom Final Hope variants, respectively, Pete followed the same pricing formula as the previous SDCC exclusive. He did this with the SDCC '08 Midnight version of Hellboy as well. The regular, painted Hellboy goes for much more than the exclusive version. The main reason why Pete Jirles has the SDCC exclusives at a cheaper price is due to the simple fact of "giving back to the collecting community" that has helped Mindzeye grow. Mindzeye Studios is a small company that is producing high quality collectibles. Pete is trying to get the word out that his company is really looking out for the not only collectors' wallets, but their interests as well. :cool:

I have to agree with Blankman. I own all three of the Gears SDCC statues as well as the '08 Hellboy. They are stunning pieces of work, and I don't think Mindzeye made much profit off of them. With companies like NECA selling their "exclusives" at Amazon or others price-gouging, it is refreshing for a company to provide something special for fans and collectors.

Dear Valued Collector, We will begin processing all orders for the Boomer Statue (Rage) - SDCC Exclusive - Gears of War Statue series collectible (item #900654) on November 4th. We ask that you have the funds available on your credit card by this date to ensure the successful processing and shipment of your order.

I like it...

boomer.jpg

Back