SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Let's try this again. :) On topic this time.

Duke4.jpg

Duke.jpg

Duke2.jpg

Duke3.jpg

IMG_0824.JPG

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=7040&utm_source=cc09-boothmap&utm_campaign=cc09

Looks great!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if they'll include the helmet and if it'll be wearable?

duke_full.jpg

Let's keep that junky 25th anniversary art out of this thread, fellas. ;) This is Duke:

IMAG000.JPG

I'm sure the binocs will be the exclusive but I'd be thrilled if they surprised us with a smirking head.

As I mentioned in the locked thread, not what I was expecting. As I look at the photo more I see the All-American look, but with a bit of age to it. I can respect that choice of artistic direction on the head sculpt, but I'm not sure that I'd buy it because of that. The clothing looks like it might be really nice in terms of detail and in paying homage to the 3-3/4 inch figure. Can't wait to see more pictures and get a better look at the head sculpt and to scope out the rest of the gear.

I'm really impressed with the outfit, especially with the fact that they even have the paratrooper medal. To me the head feels more like Hawk, but I still think it's a cool figure regardless. Definitely buying!

I posted the following at the link below.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=7040&utm_source=cc09-boothmap&utm_campaign=cc09

"I’m glad that Sideshow is going a different route with the headsculpt. IMHO . . . a modern/redux of Duke would have a determined, grizzled, and intense look instead of the soft/smiling appearance based on the original 3.75″ figure and Marvel Comics version. I’m actually pleased with this. I hope the final production version is spot on based on the picture."

The phrase/term I was looking for is "battle hardened". I know I am newb and everyone have different expectations of what the 12" GI JOE RAH figures should be.

From my perspective . . . Sideshow is doing a good job with the GI JOE RAH figures (JOES & COBRAS) they released and announced thus far. I grew up with the cartoons and the comic book from the 1980's. I am not demanding/expecting an exact 1:6 reproduction based on the cartoons and the comic book, but taking the best . . . the essence . . . of each character and updating it accordingly and appropriately for the times.

As much as some of us want to nitpick and make fun of the headsculpt . . . I like it. With that said . . . my only complaint will be . . . IF the final production strays completely, but that's up to Sideshow.

EDIT: I hope they'll keep Duke under $100.00 (i.e. not necessarily $99.99, but maybe $79.99? I hope/wish.

:)

Khev, think we can rip off his name tags?

They do look like they could be velcro'd on.

I'm really impressed with the outfit, especially with the fact that they even have the paratrooper medal. To me the head feels more like Hawk, but I still think it's a cool figure regardless. Definitely buying!

You know I do almost get a v1 Hawk vibe from the sculpt. Good call. As you said, still a fantastic looking figure so far.

That's an awesome head sculpt; I was never a fan of Duke but this is a must buy!

The exclusive will probably be binoculars, but I'd prefer a second head wearing the helmet. The Jump jetpack should be a accessory pack you could put on any Joe.

Back