Fertility Idol prop replica--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Fertility Idol prop replica!

Good Job Sideshow, finally.

I already have a very accurate idol, so this is a pass, but I hope it turns out well.

They do a 1:1 Crystal Skull and I'm in though.

Sideshow is still makin Indy collectibles:confused:....:sick

Yes! I've wanted one of these forever! It'll look great next to my Indy PF.

Sweet...
I wonder if it will end up looking like the Ark though...

I sure hope not... I think it's a good sign that the prototype is shiny gold. Didn't the Sideshow Ark always have that dull, matte appearance?

Looks nice. This is one of those things that you would think would have been made already, but has pretty much just been the realm of customizers and garage kits, as far as I know.

Last edited:

Now this is more like it... always wanted this :rock

And maybe, just maybe I could have this out in the non-collectible area of my home :monkey3

I have a bootleg version, but I love the base on this one - I'll be getting it.

It looks like a gold plating to me, not just paint or leaf, but I don't think its just like the real one, which was vaccumetalized.

My guess is this will be plated to keep it at closer to a $300-400 range. But if that base is polystone it maybe $500 easy.

They should do a version with the eyes, that'd have been cool. But as long as the seem isn't running up the back hairline, this will be great for people who have wanted one.

Yes!! I was looking to buy one of these, but now that SS is making one, I'll just get this. Plus the base is great!

I hope Sideshow doesn't stop at just the Idol though, I'm not going to make a list but you probably already know what props we all want made!

Well I'll tell you now, were not getting an Ark, and if their smart, they'll avoid the headpiece, 3 companies tryed the headpiece and failed.

The sankara stones are likely out too, but I think we could definately see a Grail, and the Skull seems likely after the 1/4 scale version. Just as long as they don't stuff it with Ceran Wrap.

Too bad they couldn't make the Ark that gold and shiny.

Been trying to get an idol from a well-known customizer on Indygear for years. Looks like this will have to do.

Really? 3 compaines? I wasn't aware of it being released commercially. The usual suspects I was referring to was, like you stated- the Sankara stones and the grail, but also I was hoping for the cross of Coronado, the grail tablet, Norhatchi, to name a few.

The Noble Collection ones were junk.

I think he means Icons, Master Replicas and the Noble Collection. Only the Icons and MR never made it past the prototype stage. The Noble was released but was a fair disappointment to die-hard fans.

Overall the Idol looks nice but once again, Sideshow is lacking in the proper details. The real fans will know exactly with one quick glance what I'm talking about and all the rest of the casual fans will probably eat this one up and love it to death.

Do you guys think this will really get into the $400-$500 range? Jesus...

Here's my 'correct' Idol. Fan-made, of course.
2319089127_a1fb429618_b.jpg

I've always wanted one of these, so I'm definitely interested. Great call, Sideshow!

I think he means Icons, Master Replicas and the Noble Collection. Only the Icons and MR never made it past the prototype stage. The Noble was released but was a fair disappointment to die-hard fans.

Overall the Idol looks nice but once again, Sideshow is lacking in the proper details. The real fans will know exactly with one quick glance what I'm talking about and all the rest of the casual fans will probably eat this one up and love it to death.

Do you guys think this will really get into the $400-$500 range? Jesus...

Here's my 'correct' Idol. Fan-made, of course.
2319089127_a1fb429618_b.jpg

:lecture , yea thats what I was talking about with the 3 companies.

Nice idol, I managed to get one from Gobler's first run as well so I'm set but I do still like to see things like this made.

Raiders.jpg

Back