Do we need a seperate LotR figure forum?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should LotR figures and LotR statues have seperate forums?

• I'm only interested in SS/Weta statues and want a seperate forum.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • It's all Lord of the Rings, the one forum can handle all LotR topics.

Votes: 72 87.8%

• Total voters

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know that there are a lot of statue people that aren't interested in the Premium Format figures and are even less interested in the 12" figures. So would the majority of you like to see a new forum that was devoted to the LotR PFs and 12" figures and leave this one as more SS/Weta related?

I think one is fine. When the interest of the Weta statues wears off further down the line, you will be left with a stagant forum. Atleast if all the LOTR stuff is together, and the fans of LOTR are all together in one area, it will keep all discussion of all the lines, as well as LOTR in general, going strong.

I think there will be enough interest in both the PF's and the 1/6 to have separate forums. There will be much general crossover topics that could be posted in either section, but having them all under one heading might make things too full on. Pf's are more in line with the statuesque side of things, whilst the 1/6 figure collectors are a breed apart. Seeing as general topics are already covered in the existing section and the Weta side of things is dying off, having this section for general and PF's will keep it going strong.

Seeing as the SSW line is completely dead, it'll be nice to keep this forum alive with talk about the PF and 1/6 lines. You might want to change the title of the forum to something more apropriate though.

LOTR Forum

I personally would like to keep one forum for all LOTR topics.
One thing I would love to see, is a move from Generally Sideshow only related LOTR product, and an inclusion of ToyBiz LOTR collectibles within this Forum too. As I bet a lot of people out there too collect the ToyBiz series as well.

I would like to see this Forum become similar to that of www.rebelscum.com, bringing together the LOTR collecting comminty within a signal forum.

What does everyone else think.

This forum has always been inclusive of all LotR collectibles, although it tends more toward the high-end such as the UC stuff than it does Toybiz, but I assumed that's just because that's the interest of the members. But I agree that a more general LotR title to the forum might be appropriate.

I'm only a statue man myself, but I think one forum is enough. As has been said, the forum's been slowing down lately because of the end of the Weta line, so these two new lines will rejuvinate it. It'll be good that all the LOTR fans are together, and if people dont like reading PF threads or whatever, then they can just simply not read them!

Keep it all together in one forum. The weta line is going to die out soon, not dead yet with still a few left to come, but it is slowing down and with the new lines coming out, it will pick up. I want to see what everyone thinks of both the PF and 12 in lines. Who knows, may just do both, at least some of both. :google

Keep it as one. The Weta line will not have new pieces coming out that is true, but that doesn't mean it's gonna die just because of that. It will stay relativly strong IMO. I think these 2 new lines will bring fans into those and cause them to want some of the statues. Any thought that the Weta line will just die off and be nothing is absurd.

Last edited:
I'd prefer a seperate fourm since I haven't really visited this forum, but I'm fine with keeping it together. Perhaps there is a way to label them differentely? Like green text = Statues and Red text = Figures? :confused:

No need to change the name of the forum. It's already labeled fine IMO. Lord Of The Rings/Weta which means both can be talked about here.

Darklord Dave said:
I know that there are a lot of statue people that aren't interested in the Premium Format figures and are even less interested in the 12" figures.

Remember Dave some people think just the opposite. There are some "figure" people that aren't interested in boring old statues. :rolleyes: It goes both ways. ;)

I only like my staues if they have clothes.:D

I would like to see the following for a couple of reasons.

Continue with the "Lord of the Rings/Weta" forum thread. This can cater for all high end statues made by Weta (1/6 and 1/4 scale) including UC product.

I would also like to see a new thread created labeled "Lord of the Rings/Figures". This thread can cater for 12"ers and Toybiz related product.

For all other Lord of the Rings collectible products, such as Trading Cards, books and games, a third thread labeled "Lord of the Rings/Misc may be considered.

I personally wouldnt like to see all these categories under the current thread. It definately makes searching for particular products difficult in the current arrangement, and only really taliored to those collecting statues at the moment.

I say leave it as one forum. Lord of the Rings, is Lord of the Rings...and I like to keep it together.

Bonehead15 said:
Remember Dave some people think just the opposite. There are some "figure" people that aren't interested in boring old statues. :rolleyes: It goes both ways. ;)

I only like my staues if they have clothes.:D

Boring??
Well then go ahead and play with your Barbie Dolls and call your friend so you can play dress up with them!!!! :naughty :D :rolleyes:

Dave I agree with 23 in that LOTR is LOTR and keep it together in 1 forum rather then going back and forth............;)

Hey, we agree on something. :banana

Side Note: Happy Holidays M. With everything you and I been thru, I can put it aside and wish you the best.

:duff

Back