RIP Walter Cronkite

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!!!! So many iconic people dying this year.

Just a truly sad year this is turning out to be... and barely 1/2 way through it.

It is the anniversary of the landing on the moon and the Amazing Mets. Strange things seem to be happening this year also.

I'm waiting for the 1/6 scale memorial T-shirt...

Seriously, though, I am saddened by this more than most of the other losses this year.

Unfortunately, this thread will not last long...

The young ones don't know who he was.

Unfortunately, this thread will not last long...

The young ones don't know who he was.

I'm only 23, but I'm nothing short of absolutely disgusted by the lack of general knowledge of people my age.

If they didn't invent an iApp that lets you text a picture of your balls, they just don't care.

If more people studied history, I'd like to think we wouldn't be in this economic crisis, amongst other things.

Walt, Peter Jennings gone, and Brokaw retired if I'm not mistaken. I want my news from someone who's been around before 24 hour news networks that cover Nancy Grace BS for 18 hours a day.

I'm only 23, but I'm nothing short of absolutely disgusted by the lack of general knowledge of people my age.

If they didn't invent an iApp that lets you text a picture of your balls, they just don't care.

If more people studied history, I'd like to think we wouldn't be in this economic crisis, amongst other things.

Walt, Peter Jennings gone, and Brokaw retired if I'm not mistaken. I want my news from someone who's been around before 24 hour news networks that cover Nancy Grace BS for 18 hours a day.

:lecture:clap

not get out there and beat it into those idiots

brian williams is the only crop of newer journalists i've got any respect for.

There is an application that lets you do that? I gotta search it out.

I honestly thought Walter Cronkite was already dead. Rest in Piece.

"...And that's the way it is: July 17, 2009"

Wow!!!! So many iconic people dying this year.

Just a truly sad year this is turning out to be... and barely 1/2 way through it.

It is the anniversary of the landing on the moon and the Amazing Mets. Strange things seem to be happening this year also.

as years go by and the media frenzy continues to make ordinary people into celebrities that normally wouldn't of even been on the interest radar of most people 20-30 years ago, we're going to see more and more people pass away that have had their 15 minutes of fame.

not that Walter, Mike or Farrah are people that didn't deserve the attention, but we as a society in the last couple of decades (internet didn't help) can't seem to get enough of the celebs, and hey we're also getting older :peace

I grew up watching this man and am certain he helped form my early impressions of society and the world at large. I'm old enough to remember the uncensored Nam coverage unlike today's sanitized approach. RIP Walt - among the many celebrity losses recently, yours personally will be the most sorely missed :(

walter cronkite..... "And THAT's the way it is"................:monkey2

an american icon............(wish he could have made that voyage to space back when)

He was even before the times for us oldsters. I know that he was on the air when I was a child, but it was long before I developed any interest in "news". But he's held up as the epitome of television journalists, it's a pity there aren't more like him out there now.

All I have to say is that with Jackson and Cronkite passing away this is not a good year for anyone having anything to do with moon walks. Watch out Neil and Buzz... Things are not looking good.

Back