LOTR Premium Format Preview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finally!! after all the speculations :banana ...
Hopefully sideshow will set the bar high on this PF LOTR line :joy

I just want to know who it is and when we can preorder it!
If they tell us tomorrow...doesn't that usually mean we can preorder a week later?!

Perhaps a full reveal at TORC? :banana :wacky I am thinking/hoping someone with sculpted hair. :cool:

RoboDad said:
If the info that was given out during the Fantacular is correct, they should all have sculpted hair. But only time will tell... :)

I must have misunderstood them. I thought they said they were still trying to decide which type of hair would do best. With even the possiblity of no set standard, but being decided solely on a piece by piece basis.

I'm definitely anxious to see the preview and how it is done. :banana

I bet they go with sculpted hair on these as they have done with the SW pieces. The hair just like with those would be hard to do correctly. I'm looking forward to seeing these and getting these. :D

None of the Star Wars characters has had long hair though, whereas all the LotR folk would. Personally I'd prefer real hair if it could be done right. I don't want it to look like a statue.

Darklord Dave said:
None of the Star Wars characters has had long hair though, whereas all the LotR folk would. Personally I'd prefer real hair if it could be done right. I don't want it to look like a statue.

Well, If they have real hair I would personally have to think about it. I'm not digging the real hair. The PF pieces I've seen that I do like all have sculpted heads. I don't want the real hair to make these look like cheap dolls. The pics of seen of the Elektra piece haven't been all that impressive with the real hair. I think with sculpted heads and mixed media outfits these could be really awesome!! Better to look more like statues than cheap barbies IMO.

I agree

jlcmsu said:
Well, If they have real hair I would personally have to think about it. I'm not digging the real hair. The PF pieces I've seen that I do like all have sculpted heads. I don't want the real hair to make these look like cheap dolls. The pics of seen of the Elektra piece haven't been all that impressive with the real hair. I think with sculpted heads and mixed media outfits these could be really awesome!! Better to look more like statues than cheap barbies IMO.

I fully agree....I think real hair makes it look like a barbie doll. The sculpted hair on a PF looks much better than even polystone hair.

I'm feeling dangerous today.

I know present to you (against the wishes of the bosses), a preview image of what you can expect for the 1st PF LOTR figure.

We intend to use real mouse hair on his head, because we have an infestation.

Ready?

Can you take such coolness?

BOOM:

fotr0079.jpg

Is it April 1st yet????

If they do a Gandalf the Gray it better have real hair, a real beard and real, bushy eyebrows.

Kookie said:
I fully agree....I think real hair makes it look like a barbie doll. The sculpted hair on a PF looks much better than even polystone hair.

I am not at all knocking the overall quality of the piece, but I would pass if it had the hair ... esp mouse hair! :sick

shaithis77 said:
I'm feeling dangerous today.

I know present to you (against the wishes of the bosses), a preview image of what you can expect for the 1st PF LOTR figure.

We intend to use real mouse hair on his head, because we have an infestation.

Ready?

Can you take such coolness?

BOOM:

fotr0079.jpg

Is it April 1st yet????

Not sure I would buy Gandalf, Arwen and so on, but this hobbit is a must-have!

Back