Premium Format Ringwraith on Steed PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Click the pic! Buy now!

Lord of the Rings - Dark Rider of Mordor Premium Format Figure - Exclusive

Question : I know this might be a long shot, but can you shed a little light on a question a lot of us have? Is there a Ringwraith, Witchking, Saruman, and/or Mouth of Sauron Premium Formats in the works?

Answer : Yes, possibly, maybe, and not at this time, in that order. We’re paying close attention to input from the LOTR forum sections and Ask Sideshow submissions. While the LOTR release schedule has slowed a bit, we hope to deliver THE pieces that you want most.

Could this be one of the 3 PF's being released by SS in 2010? :monkey5

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ringwraith PF?

This is the PF that I've wanted to be made for a long time. I hope it happens.

I think doing a ringwraith PF would be very difficult in order to make it look good. If they go with cloth, the final production piece may not be weathered enough and look too "new." I would prefer sculpted.

Very promising news from today's "Ask Sideshow" segment.

Question : I know this might be a long shot, but can you shed a little light on a question a lot of us have? Is there a Ringwraith, Witchking, Saruman, and/or Mouth of Sauron Premium Formats in the works?

Answer : Yes, possibly, maybe, and not at this time, in that order. We’re paying close attention to input from the LOTR forum sections and Ask Sideshow submissions. While the LOTR release schedule has slowed a bit, we hope to deliver THE pieces that you want most.

Could this be one of the 3 PF's being released by SS in 2010? :monkey5

:bananai think that was my question :banana

:fireworks thank you sideshow :fireworks

Ringwraith should have been the 1st PF released from their PF LOTR line.

Great news!!! Can't wait to see a ringwraith and/or witchking pf, but why only mabey for saruman...They have to make a Saruman PF!!! Mouth of sauron would be sweet also...:D

I think doing a ringwraith PF would be very difficult in order to make it look good. If they go with cloth, the final production piece may not be weathered enough and look too "new." I would prefer sculpted.

A good point. Another thing to consider is that the cloth is WAY more complicated than it looks, there are multiple layers of cloth making the robes look the way they do.

But I've never known Sideshow to skimp on the clothing and tailoring; this should out and out rock!

And that brings up the price. This isn't going to be cheap just because its mostly cloth, quite the opposite.

I may not be able to afford every piece at the moment but I'm very excited!

Ringwraith - Yes
Witchking - possibly
Saruman - maybe
Mouth of Sauron -not at this time

Sounds like we'll see the Ringwraith soon, but that kind of puts the kibosh on Saruman at SDCC.

I would love to see a gimli pf some time in the future as well...but for now, bring on the ringwraith pf!!!!! :naughty

:bananai think that was my question

how many times have you sent them that question. just out of interest :lol

awesome news :whip:chew

i hope they use real cloth though, id feel kinda cheated if they went for sculpted.

how many times have you sent them that question. just out of interest :lol

awesome news :whip:chew

i hope they use real cloth though, id feel kinda cheated if they went for sculpted.

Technically speaking, they could sculpt this thing and still call it a PF. SS would simply have to add something to the piece such as a metal sword [something SS has promised since the original LOTR PF announcement in 2005and never delivered on :mad:] and it would qualify. That being said, I would be pretty surprised if fabric isn't used, though I have no idea how they are going to pull this off. :confused:

I think this PF may have to be sculpted because if they do it in cloth then what type of statue will they put underneath to hold the cloth up since technically there is nothing under the robe of a Nazgul.

Last edited:

I would want them in that order too, so thats great news!

Back