Sideshow addresses Scarlett and Baroness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent December

Super Freak
Reaction score
Fighting for freedom wherever there's trouble
from today's July 9th Q&A

"Are there going to be any of the women of GI Joe making their debut in the next year or so? Baroness and Scarlett seem like pretty safe bets."

"We do have plans for the lovely ladies of the Joe universe, but it’s uncertain if they’ll appear within the 2010 12-inch line-up. Keep your fingers crossed!"

Oh well, now I'm picking up the SDCC Hasbro Baroness as a stand in:rolleyes:

Is it too much to hope that they are waiting that long so that they can develop a new female body to put them on?

I'm glad they wont release them right now..with their old buck bodie, those would be disgusting.

I think they would look fine on the female buck, but if they are working on a new body, I'll take it!!

They should kick it off with Cover Girl. Regular brown hair, exclusive blond hair.

I imagine the Baroness will be the first female Joe figure. She is the only real female character that immediately comes to mind when I think of GI Joe. Sure there is Lady Jay and Scarlett, but I've really only felt the Baroness could hold her own against most of the men in the series. Of course my knowledge is more from the cartoon than comic, so I know it is off as Scarlett got away from Storm Shadow on her own in Silent Interlude.

Seeing as Sideshow is going for a semi-realistic take on the line, I don' think we'll see Cobra-La figures. At least I hope not. I could accept a Serpentor, but no more!

GI Joe's movie ideas never seem to be their best ones :lol

Say what?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/rUw8cN6R8o0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/rUw8cN6R8o0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

OH!

OH!

I KNOW!

The first female figure WILL be a COBRA figure, but not the Baroness. No. It's not Zaranna either. It'll be the female COBRA agent "Mara" from the cartoon series. You know . . . the one Shipwreck fell head over heels for?

:D

Well, it's good to know they've got plenty of plans for the Joe line, but I gotta agree with other's sentiments: I hope Sideshow can trouble themselves to redesign their female body first.

BARONESS!

God if only they can release these figures faster. Oh well atleast they're releasing multiple figures at the same time :)

Cobra La is awesome... Pythona was awesome as well.

What SS forgot to mention is the real reason we won't see a chick in 2010 is because Cobra Officer is 2010 ;) Duke will be 2010... and that leaves Beach Head and Firefly. So theres the 4 Figs for 2010. :(

Back