Cinemaquette has the Star Wars License ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiker

Super Freak
Reaction score
True or not true? Anybody knows something about that? There is a rumor on Rebelscum.

i find it very unlikely as they have said in the past that they will only produce one figure per film from now on, with what it would cost to pay MR Lucas to get the rights to make star wars stuff it would not be worth any money to them.

dont get me wrong id love to see CM star wars stuff, just dont see it happening

I would imagine if they ever did, it would probably be just to do Vader, which if done right, I might finally be willing to buy one of their pieces, but they're so expensive it'd have to be the right character and flawless, Vader'd have a good shot, humans they can make realistic but they don't look much like who they're supposed to be as far as actors.

True or not true? Anybody knows something about that? There is a rumor on Rebelscum.

Vader has been rumored for years; the next CM to be released will be a Reeve Superman.

according to what I've heard (mainly on 'scum) is that CM is releasing or previewing one bad guy and one good guy at SDCC - with Superman obviously being the good guy, it is rumored that Vader will be the baddie.

I gotta agree with what was stated above, CM would have to pay out the nose for the SW licensing fee and to do just one character doesn't make sense for the cost - unless they build their cost into Vader and charge the consumer - who knows.

We'll find out soon enough!!

i find it very unlikely as they have said in the past that they will only produce one figure per film from now on, with what it would cost to pay MR Lucas to get the rights to make star wars stuff it would not be worth any money to them.

dont get me wrong id love to see CM star wars stuff, just dont see it happening

Where did you hear about one character per film?

I would not be surprised to see Vader at SDCC.

It'd be a double-edged sword if CM did Star Wars. On one had I would love them to do a 1/3 scale Vader, but on the other hand I don't know if I could cough up that much money on one statue.

Sideshow just needs to come up with another Vader, but something like the first Attakus statue.

attakus4uk2.jpg

(Sorry for the big picture - it's all I could find on Google)

That's the rumor...and Vader being the first release is also a rumor.

I REALLY hope it's true.

I have been wanting a CM Vader for years now. It would be the only Star Wars CM I would buy too, ok, maybe Fett. :)

Hopefully they will announce it at SDCC.

First Superman and hopefully Vader. Perfect timing, as I just got back into collectig and bought the CM Endo, Indy, and T800. :)

Empire or ANH Vader would be ideal.

:banana
:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks

That's the rumor...and Vader being the first release is also a rumor.

I REALLY hope it's true.

I have been wanting a CM Vader for years now. It would be the only Star Wars CM I would buy too, ok, maybe Fett. :)

Hopefully they will announce it at SDCC.

First Superman and hopefully Vader. Perfect timing, as I just got back into collectig and bought the CM Endo, Indy, and T800. :)

Empire or ANH Vader would be ideal.

:banana
:fireworks:fireworks:fireworks

I don't know that I want to spend $4k in a single year for just 2 collectibles, but I'd really welcome Vader too.

I don't know that I want to spend $4k in a single year for just 2 collectibles, but I'd really welcome Vader too.

You know you will get both Reeve and Vader! :)

I just cannot wait to see pictures of them.

I can't either Gru. I'm looking forward to the Reeve Superman, but a Vader would be icing on the cake!

i refuse to believe this until i see the official annoucement..don't want to get my hopes up. wonder if it will have Prowse's or J.E. Jones' sig? At the price they'll be asking, I hope both.

CM Vader will be tough for me to pass on. I'd really like to see it announced at SDCC.

My thing is how much would CM sell their version of Vader for when you factor in Lucasfilms licensing fees (if they did infact get a license for something like this)?

My thing is how much would CM sell their version of Vader for when you factor in Lucasfilms licensing fees (if they did infact get a license for something like this)?

I really can't see it costing more than Indy at $2000. That had Lucas' license fee and Harrison's signature. I doubt JEJ or Prowse can command a huge bunch of coconuts for a bunch of autographs. However if it was both of them and Hayden and George all signing - that would be a different bunch of coconuts.

I really can't see it costing more than Indy at $2000. That had Lucas' license fee and Harrison's signature. I doubt JEJ or Prowse can command a huge bunch of coconuts for a bunch of autographs. However if it was both of them and Hayden and George all signing - that would be a different bunch of coconuts.

Jones' signature would be the best IMO...then Prowse.

My guess is it will cost between $1500-$2000. As Dave said, no Ford signature to save big money and it's not as detailed as the Predator so should not be more.

Will the Attackus Vader I statue be dethroned? We'll have to wait and see. I don't look forward to dropping $2,000 on a statue, but if it happens it'll be a necessity for sure.

Will the Attackus Vader I statue be dethroned? We'll have to wait and see. I don't look forward to dropping $2,000 on a statue, but if it happens it'll be a necessity for sure.

Hopefully! Attakus is a nice piece for sure but the detail on the Cinemaquette should blow the Attakus away!

Plus a 1/3 Vader will be almost as big as the CM Predator! :)

Back