Hot Toys Michael Jackson Thriller?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pjam

Here on the Perimeter
Reaction score
Hot Toys Michael Jackson Thriller

We just learned from Wookster HT was going to announce a new Michael Jackson Figure in the coming weeks. It seems likely we'll see a Thriller figure but with the recent sad News, Maybe they will do a Tribute DX Figure.

I'd like to see a Thriller Figure as most here have said.

But which Thriller look?

"Teen Wolf" Thriller with matted hair and Wolf Head?

or Street Dance Thriller with Red Outfit and Ghoul head?

If they do a Thriller, I think we might first see the Teen wolf Figure, and maybe follow it up with Street Dance version.

But if they do a Thriller DX Tribute we could see both outfits, that is three heads, 2 pair of pants and an extra jacket.

Discuss...

Last edited:
Thriller is the only I'd buy... and I'd prefer the Ghoul look over the werewolf.

I now think we'll see a Street Dance Thriller followed by a DX Tribute figure with PERS eye system, Thriller Outfit and head.

somehow I get the feeling that HT will milk the MJ license more now that he's dead. So thriller version is probably gonna be the last HT will make. (a la predator.) I am guessing either bad or smooth criminal version would be made before thriller.

somehow I get the feeling that HT will milk the MJ license more now that he's dead. So thriller version is probably gonna be the last HT will make. (a la predator.) I am guessing either bad or smooth criminal version would be made before thriller.

Well, thing is, this new figure has been in the planning stages for months already so I have a feeling it might be Thriller set for a Halloween time release. Anyway, makes the most sense to me.

But I agree they'll milk it which could mean more figures before they do a DX Tribute figure.

A thriller figure with the Wolf and Zombie look would be the ^^^^! I hope Hot Toys goes the DX route with it so we get it all.

I don't think we'll see any figure anytime soon...
with all the legal crap that's bound to happen, a lot of people will act like vultures
trying to get the rights to MJ's likeness and memorabilia... so any current deals might be off now...

A thriller figure with the Wolf and Zombie look would be the ^^^^! I hope Hot Toys goes the DX route with it so we get it all.

I don't think we'll see both versions. That would mean 2 outfits and 4 heads. So figure on one, either Street or Teen Wolf version. I think they'll save a DX for last now.

with all the legal crap that's bound to happen, a lot of people will act like vultures
trying to get the rights to MJ's likeness and memorabilia... so any current deals might be off now...

I don't think it's legal for this "person" to terminate the contract with HT just because Michael is dead.

I don't think it's legal for this "person" to terminate the contract with HT just because Michael is dead.

Current MJ license with HT is binding and valid. Legal wrangling may affect future contracts, not existing stuff. MJ Rights will go to kids, battle will be over the custody of the kids which is sad.

Yes and besides I license is a legal agreement. An agreement that gives HT's the right ............ still i'm sure they could find a way to pull that license if they wanted to. We will see more Michael.

agree,
especially after his recent demise, there is no way NOT to look bad releasing his figures now for months...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back