why no more statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benni

Freaked Out
Reaction score
hello everyone!!
as im sure some of you will know im new to collecting so i dont know too much???
i wanted to know why sideshow still make the lsb's, pf's and dioramas but have stopped making the normal statues and busts????
there are soo many more characters that could be made and im sure there would still be a market for them even tho it wouldnt be so large?
surely if they just made smaller editions they would still sell out?
i cant understand it??????

so i take it you dont own any of the pieces from weta then?

Some of them are really good, like Sauron , Saruman , Gandalf on Shadowfax , Legolas & Gimli on Arod & Morgul Lord which SS haven't make so far any step for them into P.F form (yet), ( except Gandalf & Legolas ) .Also don`t forget the Superman pieces , Is there any particular thought that you have for a character ?

hello everyone!!
as im sure some of you will know im new to collecting so i dont know too much???
i wanted to know why sideshow still make the lsb's, pf's and dioramas but have stopped making the normal statues and busts????
there are soo many more characters that could be made and im sure there would still be a market for them even tho it wouldnt be so large?
surely if they just made smaller editions they would still sell out?
i cant understand it??????

Probably because Sideshow doesn't have the license to produce 1/6 Statues and 1/4 Busts (although technically a LSB could be 1/4 I guess).

It would be cool if SS did pick up some of the designs that were allegedly made by Weta such as Eomer and Denethor, but it's onward and upward as the new range of stuff seems to be a lot better, especially the PF range which I'm still hopeful will produce ALL 9 of the Fellowship members! :monkey2

Sideshow/Weta stopped making the statues and busts years ago, god knows why!! It was going strong and there was so many more possibilities!!!
Can't wait for Weta Hobbit statues.

Sideshow/Weta stopped making the statues and busts years ago, god knows why!! It was going strong and there was so many more possibilities!!!

+1 on that FE...its gonna be so great when it all ramps up again :banana:banana

Ok, and my post got deleted cause I agreed with FAF? I can see why the 7 others got the axe.

SS/Weta is what started it all, as far as many collectors discovering Sideshow Collectibles and this forum.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>Sideshow/Weta stopped making the statues and busts years ago, god knows why!! It was going strong and there was so many more possibilities!!!

It's their decision, they probably realized it wasn't turning out as they'd hope from a marketing or profitability point of view.

Really?? I thought it was going quite well myself.

It was going extremely well. From a marketing and profitability point of view this was the most successful lines of movie-related collectibles ever. And it literally put both Weta and Sideshow on the map. I've have heard the decision to walk away from the licence had nothing to do with this, and everything to do with Weta's sculptor's simply burning out after 7+ years of working on virtually nothing but LOTR.

It was going extremely well. From a marketing and profitability point of view this was the most successful lines of movie-related collectibles ever. And it literally put both Weta and Sideshow on the map. I've have heard the decision to walk away from the licence had nothing to do with this, and everything to do with Weta's sculptor's simply burning out after 7+ years of working on virtually nothing but LOTR.

Well now they have had a nice long break, its time to start getting ready again :naughty

Back