Hot Toys Ripley custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geo71

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi All, I am new to the forums, and fairly new to the world of modelling too! I thought i would try to upload a couple of pics of my Ripley custom that I plan on working on. As you probably know it's a Hero Head.... I love what FiguremasterLes and others have done to their HT sculpts...they really are brilliant.... but I do think that this sculpt is a more accurate likeness of Weaver....Whether it looks good painted up still remains to be seen, this is the first time I have picked up a brush in years!!! What I want to do ideally is create an accurate figure of Ripley as she appears at the end of the film looking for Newt, I also plan on scratch building an accurate diorama with lights to display her in, looking at some of the excellent dios on here has been an inspiration! As you can see, I havn't really made much of a start.....although i have washed and mucked up the clothing....one thing that worked well, although you cant see on this pic, was to soak her trousers in water with a little black paint added, then i put them back on the figure, bent the legs and put her on a radiator to dry, this resulted in the fabric losing its new stiffness and forming some nice creases that look very realistic. I REALLY want to find some gloveless hands for this figure but am a bit stuck, someone did suggest that some elizabeth swann hands might do the trick? does anyone have any info on this? Anyway thanks for lookin, this project might take me a good while to complete.... not got much free time at the mo, just thought I would show you what i am up to.:banana

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys Ripley

very nice, too bad she wasn't in the Ghostbusters video game.

Hi can you let me know where you got the head from as it looks awesome. Can't wait to see it finished.

Be interested to see how this turns out... don't know that I've ever seen this head painted up before. The sculpt looks a bit manish... but unpainted sculpts can often be decieving.

I'm sorry but I don't really see her in the sculpt it looks a bit man-ish IMHO, can't wait to see her painted up. I'm sure you'll bring life to that headsculpt.

Hi can you let me know where you got the head from as it looks awesome. Can't wait to see it finished.

hi, i got this sculpt from ebay, it was from a guy called lonnie at hero heads... i will dig out the details for you.

I'm sorry but I don't really see her in the sculpt it looks a bit man-ish IMHO, can't wait to see her painted up. I'm sure you'll bring life to that headsculpt.

yeah, i can see what you're saying..... it does look quite masculine, i just like the fact that it has the high cheekbones and pointy features of weaver that is lacking in the HT sculpt.... I am not knocking the HT sculpt, it does look incredible and bears a good resemblence when it's painted up correctly...... i will have my work cut out trying to get this to look anywhere near as good.

yeah, i can see what you're saying..... it does look quite masculine, i just like the fact that it has the high cheekbones and pointy features of weaver that is lacking in the HT sculpt.... I am not knocking the HT sculpt, it does look incredible and bears a good resemblence when it's painted up correctly...... i will have my work cut out trying to get this to look anywhere near as good.

I didn't want you to feel bad for getting the sculpt though, so I hope you don't. I think you'll do fine repainting it. I recall you said you were a artist? Hope all works well for you on this sculpt. I have mine being repainted so like you said I guess the HT sculpt all depends on who paints it.

I have a Hero Head of Rips. My paint-job on this one aint great but you get an idea. Most people agree its not a great sculpt. More in my sig:

Aliensguests174.jpg

***UPDATE*** A few weeks ago I managed to get myself the HT powerloader.....AMAZING piece!!!! and it encouraged me to finish the Ripley figure I started way back when!... i am really pleased with the results although I do realize there are still a few tweaks and improvents I need to make. It's my first Headsculpt repaint.....what do you think?

Last edited:
Back