I've Seen King Kong.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrueSam

The Queen of Darkness
Reaction score
I have! At a pre-screening for The Academy in Beverly Hills. I was so generously invited by a friend and member of this board. :)

But all I'm gonna tell you is that yes, it is really f*****g good! Peter has held nothing back and just enjoys getting the audience squirming. The character development is great, and if you feel nothing at the end, well then, you're inhuman!

(BTW, it stomps on Narnia and Potter, but no..... not on the whole LOTR Trilogy!)

I'm gonna see it again in the Arclight Dome. I HIGHLY recommend for anyone that can see it there, do.

santahat1.gif
samantha

I have to wait till 2:20 p.m. Wednesday. No midnight showing at the local theater.
Tickets are in hand!

Am going to have to wait until Thursday pm showing. Having been gone on vacation for 12 days, can't really ask for Wed pm off. But there's the office Xmas Dinner then we'll most likely take off for the rest of the afternoon. Have been really looking forward to this since SD when PJ gave us a sneak peek of a scene or two.

Viking28 said:
I heard one reviewer say it was better than all 3 LOTR movies and Gone with the Wind combined!:rolleyes:

I can respect that opinion. It's not like he said it's better than Harold & Kumar go to White Castle. Now that would have been crazy and idiotic. :naughty :D

Well, I just got back and am very tired it's 4 am CST.

The movie is AMAZING!!! It's well worth all the buzz and great things said about it. It ranks up there for me in my all time faves and I think PJ did a outstanding job on this movie as you would expect. Kong is a very engrossing film that does grab you and pull you in not as fast as I thought but you will be pulled in. The graphics are amazing and Weta out did themselves on this one IMO. The story has everything in it that a Best Picture should have in it ;) I personally felt all the emotion Kong did as well as several of the other characters. You can't help at the end but feel so sad for Kong and Ann especially if you have any kind of emotional soul. My only complaint is that it's a tad slow to get moving but it's nothing that is of any real concern. I thought as a whole the acting was very good if there was any kind of a weak link I think it could be Jack Black. As a whole though this movie is as I said at the start is amazing. I'd give it a 9/10.

My dad went with me and he liked it as well. He said he would probably go see it again and would for sure want to own it on DVD. Now, my dad is in no way a major LOTR fan he likes the story/films but is nothing like me for example so it was funny when on the way home he goes, "Kong was very good but it's no LOTR." He felt it was maybe 30 mins too long but hey it's late and the guy is 52 years old it's past his bedtime. :lmao Just kidding to all those around that age. Like I said we both really enjoyed the flick and have no real complaints about it.

My final word go see this flick it's well well well worth the price of admission. I think PJ has hit another home run :rock

tomandshell said:
But is it better than "The 'Burbs"? That Tom Hanks is such a character!!

LMAO:mwaha ...Actually....ive always liked that movie....

KONG IS KING!!!!

I'm too tired to post a full review with only 2 hours of sleep. Like Josh, I got home at 4am. Jack Black did an awesome job! And no, I did not cry, wipe a tear, or sniffle. It's better than FOOTLOOSE thats for sure! The final verdict......
A++++

Last edited:
Just returned from the cinema, I have to say: fantastic work & awesome movie! I'd give it a 8.5/10 :banana

I'd love to see some anvironments being made of all those ancient ruins and stuff on Skull Island! :D

Back