CUSTOM URUK-HAI

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shovelchop81

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I just got some bits in the post today to start my custom Uruk-Hai, I haven't seen any one else do one yet on this section so I thought I might as well start a thread in case any one else was interested in making one since it doesn't look like SS will bring one out. I'm at ground zero in the build as you'll see in the pick but you gotta start some where!

Great start.

Thanks! just thought I'd chuck these pics on as a guide, bare in mind I'm not going the £60 muscle body route at the moment, more of a "what have i got for free lying around the house?" route. if this fails i can always try the expensive way but the muscle bodies I've seen are all too short anyway. So far it's a complete Frankenstein's monster build! I've got a Toy Biz Legolas Torso as it's quite long and fits the armour well (and it's free in the house etc...), the legs are off a snow-trooper body and seem to cover the knee joints quite well with out compromising articulation as the rubber muscle ones do, the arms are from a Hasbro Anakin episode IV special edition figure (I used his torso in my Vader build) so the arms were just lying around which is useful as they are quite long, show no joints and have a bit of muscle on them. All these parts mated together and he's 13" tall which is about right scale wise
Anyway loads more to do i.e making clothes, real hair, painting and all that fun stuff.

Can't wait to see what else you come up with. Would you be interested in making more of these?

I don't see why not, I'd need to pick up some casting materials. would you be interested in finished ones (I'm thinking of making a couple of variations for my self such as examples shown in the attached pics anyway) or would you just be interested in cast parts? i remember you liked my Gimli and that's the level of quality I'm going for, or better:bounce

I'd be interested. I have a few big bodies(wrestlers) I might use.

I'd be interested. I have a few big bodies(wrestlers) I might use.

i liked your idea of using wrestler figures so i picked up a Triple H today, looks like it could work with some minor grinding, will work great as a second Uruk-hai for me as it will give a bit of individuality to them. CHEERS FOR THE IDEA!

P.S. I've ordered all the molding materials locally so should have them in a day or two.

Well what feels like years later, I actually got around to finishing him! Still got the bow, quiver and arrows to go, will post pics when they're done. Sorry to all who wanted casts but because the parts are vinyl casting them is a four part proses so looses a lot of detail not to mention very time consuming, I did a few heads but they weren't great. Anyway I hope you like the figure. The hips turned out a bit narrow but I only noticed after I'd finished (forest for trees and all that LOL).

If any one's interested, more pics and the how I did it linkhttps://news.webshots.com/album/575250251cCxbHy?vhost=news

i think you got some good talent, unfortunately I think he looks like a midget in certain ways. the head and hands are distractingly too big.

hmm...perhaps it's the way I took the pics, but bear in mind he has a lot of hair tied in a top knot and there is white clay (paint) smeared on it which will make his face look longer. as far as the hands go they're probably a little large but they're also wrapped in leather with knuckle/wrist armour. Here are some more pics that might explain (that I'm a lousy photographer amongst other things!). see what you think.

Looks pretty darn good. I'm particularly impressed with the outfit and head you created from scratch. :clap

Progmatinee is correct, though. It's not the photos, it's the scale of the body versus the head and hands. If you look at the Lurtz PF, he's built like a bodybuilder, with massive shoulders and tree trunks for legs. The body you used is a little too small, making it almost look like a Mego.

I'd recommend simply painting up a larger, more muscular body and transferring over your head, hands, outfit and accessories. I'd suggest using the body DCDirect uses for it's 13-inch superhero figures.

Just some constructive criticism. The other benefit is that Lurtz would then tower over the human figures by about an inch, which would also make sense when comparing to the characters' on screen appearance.

Back