Blasts from the Past: NECA's "Mohawk" Gremlin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGouse0498

Super Freak
Reaction score
After taking pics of my new Pescadero T-800, I got in the mood to revisit older figures. For my money, one of the all-time best NECA figures was their Cult Classics release of "Mohawk" from Gremlins 2: The New Batch.

Here's a few pics I shot...no Photoshop (aside from brightness/contrast tweaks).

spikegremlin01.jpg

spikegremlin02.jpg

spikegremlin03.jpg

spikegremlin04.jpg

spikegremlin05.jpg

spikegremlin06.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Blasts from the Past: NECA's "Spike" Gremlin

The hand holding the green LED must've shook when the shutter went off, and the blur effect ended up looking really cool IMO.

spikegremlin07.jpg

Re: Blasts from the Past: NECA's "Spike" Gremlin

are they that good?

The first one is a classic. This figure is from the second one, which was far too tongue-in-cheek. Actually, it was quite ridiculous.

BTW, edited the thread title and first post. It's Mohawk not Spike. Must've been thinking of "Stripe" (from the first movie) and looking at the spiky mane on the figure.

:duh :duh :duh

The first one is a classic. This figure is from the second one, which was far too tongue-in-cheek. Actually, it was quite ridiculous.

I loved them both. There was so much cheese in the first one in the bar scene that I can forgive anything in New Batch. I liked all the mutations too. Plus, Mowhawk is awesome.

I loved them both. There was so much cheese in the first one in the bar scene that I can forgive anything in New Batch. I liked all the mutations too. Plus, Mowhawk is awesome.

What killed Gremlins 2 for me was: the "female" Gremlin that was after Robert Picardo's character, the intellectual Gremlin, and John Glover's character.

Everything else was cool--especially Mohawk and his later mutation, Christopher Lee's mad scientist character, and "Rambo" Gizmo.

Back