X-3 Maquettes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
You might have missed this in the newsletter -

X-Men fans can prepare themselves for upcoming X-3 maquettes! Stay tuned to your newsletter for further details and previews! Check out the trailer at the link below. [Click Here]

"Sideshow and Spectral Motion will soon be unveiling new X3 maquettes, taken directly from the pre-production designs for some of this film franchise’s newest characters. Stay tuned for news and images!"

So this means Beast & Angel. Any other new characters showing up in X3?

My quote was from the newsletter you log into to read. I am assuming Dave's is from the one mailed? I guess the 2 newsletters won't be exactly the same.

I just noticed this in the newsletter. They could be interesting, but I'd rather buy the comic versions if I had the money. Would Wolverine even have a Maquette from X3? He didn't look like He had any changes to his costume in the trailer.
Another possible Maquette in this line could be Colossus, I'm sure he has a more prominent role in X3 then he did in X2, and I think this time he will be wearing a X-Men Movie costume as seen in the trailer.

I really dont want a 1/4 movie wolvie!! Give me the comic costumed wolvie instead.

AWESOME news!

1/4 movie versions of the X-men will rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Sideshow!

jlcmsu said:
Would these be 1/4th? I don't read anything that says that.

The other Marvel Maquettes, Drake and Thing, are both 1/4 scale. Undoubtedly this will be 1/4 scale as well.

oxbeard said:
The other Marvel Maquettes, Drake and Thing, are both 1/4 scale. Undoubtedly this will be 1/4 scale as well.

Got ya. I'm guessing though they will be statues as those are right?

jlcmsu said:
Got ya. I'm guessing though they will be statues as those are right?

Yep, as a maquette they should be all sculpted no mixed media. That's my take on it anyway. I would imagine taken off of the original design maquettes used for the film. At least that's what a maquette is supposed to be.

Spectral Motion did The Thing, so I'd imagine these would be in scale with him (which I think isn't quite 1/4).

But Beast and Angel aren't the only new characters in X-3...

Darklord Dave said:
Spectral Motion did The Thing, so I'd imagine these would be in scale with him (which I think isn't quite 1/4).

But Beast and Angel aren't the only new characters in X-3...

Must be pretty close to 1/4 scale though. The Thing is listed generally listed at 6ft and the maquette is 18" which works out to 6ft at 1/4 scale. Not sure about Drake though, the maquette measures roughly 17" but he is in a somewhat squated position.

Too bad these X3 pieces aren't mixed media.

I've got no interest in statues unless they got clothes. :wacky

Plain statues are just boring. :p

Back