Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is, that it is a maquette but done as a comic version.
It will most likely look just like the picture shows.

It better be a 1/4 scale iron man !!!!!!!! come on sideshow....

Last edited:
So will it be Modern IronMan or 70's/80's Ironman?
If the picture is anything to go by it'll be the Modern armor version.
Even though the 70's/80's version is a very popular depiction.
If they went with the 70's/80's version, it wouldn't be too hard to make the Ditko helmet variant as the exclusive. Maybe this one will light up?
I'd love to buy one but I'm sure it'll be out of my price range.

Hopefully it will be 1/4!

I think it looks BADASS!!!

Shaihulud said:
why not a 1/4 scale iron man ????? come on sideshow....
I'm sure this is a 1/4 scale Ironman. I would think comiquette is similar to the regular Maquette, which some are 1/4 scale like the Predator Maquette. They can't call him Premium format since he has no other materials in his design.

First of all - I want to give my congrats to our own apeman - Ironman1188 - hope he get thrilled about this!

I think it look cool, like the pose as I can see it from the preview shots...
yay!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's most likely 1/4 scale to go with the other comic version PFs. And as was correctly pointed out above, he's not a PF since he isn't mixed media.

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed that it's the modern design. It would be a no-brainer if it had been the red/gold '70s-'80s costume as that was the one I grew up with. But it does look like it might light up and that might push me over. Price will make a difference as well.

screamingmetal said:
I'm sure this is a 1/4 scale Ironman. I would think comiquette is similar to the regular Maquette, which some are 1/4 scale like the Predator Maquette. They can't call him Premium format since he has no other materials in his design.

Exactly. Of course, he could be made of metal, which would make him very expensive. I believe the "maquette" moniker is really more of a marketing technique to justify the higher cost than it is an accurate term.

Maquettes are used as models of intended work. An example would be that the 1/4 Predator would be used as a model to base the 1:1 version on. Since the Predator began as a 1:1 version, and was shrunken down to 1/4 scale by SWS, it is more of an "anti-maquette". LOL

Man I am not into the marvel but these pieces so far have been incredible.

Doom, the Xmen vs Sentinial diorama and now IM WOW! If I had the room I would do it just on the cool factor alone.

Jesse

Jesseawilson said:
Man I am not into the marvel but these pieces so far have been incredible.

Doom, the Xmen vs Sentinial diorama and now IM WOW! If I had the room I would do it just on the cool factor alone.

Jesse

I'm not into Marvel either, but I agree that these products are amazing. Doom, X-Men v. Sentinel, and this in particular are the best ones. I'll be passing on all the Marvel products produced, but they are beautiful to look at in pics. I'm sure Marvel fans are in heaven.

Oh man, Ironman used to be my absolute favorite. I agree with Darklord that if it had been a 70's/80's red and yellow Ironman, there would be no question about jumping in to get it. (Although looking at the more modern Ironmans, the red and yellow versions do look very plain, very devoid of detail, like the TOS Star Trek sets.)

Don't know this red and yellow Tony Stark, though. Also, don't know why he is punching the ground.

Just think, a week ago I was congratulating myself on not collecting Marvel collectibles, might have to sink a little from that promise to myself...

...and if he DOES light up and this IS the pose...will the blue cracks in the base also light up? That would be freakin' awesome!

pordey2 said:
First of all - I want to give my congrats to our own apeman - Ironman1188 - hope he get thrilled about this!

I think it look cool, like the pose as I can see it from the preview shots...
yay!

:joy Thank you Thank you :joy

Too bad its not a 1:6 IM. Don't know that a bigger version fits my wallet or my house. :google

Darklord Dave said:
...and if he DOES light up and this IS the pose...will the blue cracks in the base also light up? That would be freakin' awesome!

Don't even say that Dave, if that does happen I will have to buy it. I will kill myself later for starting another line but i'll worry about that later on.

Jesse

Like some other members, I was not into the Marvel line, but the X-man vs sentinel did it for me. And this Iron Man is even better. So sweet! But, why oh why is he punching the ground? A light up feature could be a nice alibi, and sure would make me stop looking for an answer to that question. If the "comiquette" looks like the drawing, I'll order!

I think the word "comiquette" sucks. Who came up with that monster?

This news wasn't in the newsletter...was it supposed to be leaked this early?

edit: doh...just checked online version

Last edited:
Back