Advice for selling on ebay for the first time

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr2red

Super Freak
Reaction score
I will be selling some figures on ebay and I have not sold anything there before.
Any advice from the ebay experts?

thanks

Take good pictures, be as descriptive as possible, list it at .01 with no reserve for ten days, and answer all questions fast and curtious.

Good Luck,

Jesse

Jesseawilson said:
Take good pictures, be as descriptive as possible, list it at .01 with no reserve for ten days, and answer all questions fast and curtious.

Good Luck,

Jesse

Excellent advise Jesse! One more would be to try and have any listings end
on a weekend or in the afternoon or evening so people will be home to bid.

JS

I've been thinking about selling a statue too, But have never done it before.
I don't own a camera, is it more likely to sell with actual pictures of the item?
Also, I'd hate to sell this without a reserve, since I don't have much of an ebay Feedback Score (I'm at 42, no negative) I'd think people would be less likely to buy from me which would sell the statue for far less then I'd like to starting at .01.

Shaihulud said:
ITS ALL IN THE PICTURES ....

For someone that has never sold before, I agree that's the case.

However, people like Jesse, JS, and I that sell all the time can do just fine with stock pictures. It's all about the feedback.

In fact, I'd say most of my biggest Ebay sales have been from only stock pictures. I figure it's sort of like reverse psychology. After all, the SS pieces (or any other collectibles company for that matter) rarely are as nice as the stock pics.

elwood49 said:
For someone that has never sold before, I agree that's the case.

However, people like Jesse, JS, and I that sell all the time can do just fine with stock pictures. It's all about the feedback.

In fact, I'd say most of my biggest Ebay sales have been from only stock pictures. I figure it's sort of like reverse psychology. After all, the SS pieces (or any other collectibles company for that matter) rarely are as nice as the stock pics.

I agree....

Correct Elwood, I dont remember the last time I took my own photo. It is 100% all about the feedback. I have sold a lot of very high priced items on Ebay including three cars, and with the exclusion of the cars (obviously), I have used stock photos 99% of the time. My Wiki statue that just sold, went for about $250 more then the others listed at the same time purely because of my feedback. The buyer had pruchesed it before and it arrived damaged, he didn't want to take that chance this time he told me. So moral of the story is take care of your feedback and it will pay off, literaly.

Jesse

I would always time my auctions to end on Sunday night - more people are home that night than any other. Avoid ending the auction on a holiday like Xmas eve or Xmas.

Yeh sorry I was going to put that in my last reply, I always start mine on thursday at 5:00 or so. That allows a 10 day auction to end on Sunday at 7:00 eatern and 4:00 pacific covering the whole US.

Jesse

ACTUALLY IT ALL THE ABOVE PLUS THE ACTUAL STATUE OR PRODUCT:naughty IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING SPECIAL" IT WILL SELL VERY GOOD WITHOUT A RESERVE AND A LOW STARTING AMOUNT:D

..and don't forget to get in before everyone goes away, or you'll have to wait a couple of months before sales start to pick up again.

Be sure to make sure your description get to be itemised under many different headings to get the widest screening, if you know what I mean.

Good luck Dr2.

WHAT ARE YOU SELLING IF YOU DON'T MIND TO GIVE YOU A BETTER IDEA OF TO HOW MAXIMAZINE YOUR PROFIT..............

Thanks for all of the great advice.
I am selling a ipod shuffle. Brand new never opened
that I received as a gift from work. Has my work logo
on the front but others have sold the same on ebay
getting around 100.00 Canadian
I am selling my Muppets beauregard bust, my Elssar Crown(sp)
my vampire Buffy exclusive and my froud fairy.
This so I can afford more Apes figures and Star wars figures

Back