NECA Dark Crystal Chamberlain Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor_B

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just got in the mail the long awaited (at least for fellow fans) Dark Crystal Chamberlain figure from NECA. Overall, it turned out quite nicely. The sculpt of the head, arms and clothing is great and the paint job is quite detailed and it compares very favorably to the prototype. Final paint jobs have been an issue at times with NECA so I was glad that it was not one here.

The lower body concealed below the clothes is not quite as detailed in the paint and sculpt, and the left foot on mine was a tad warped so it required a little bending at first to get the figure to stand properly, but these are fairly minor issues. The figure does not include a base or any accessories, but I am so pleased to finally have an action figure from this film that I can overlook it. I really hope that NECA will sneak a few more Dark Crystal into their line of Reel Toys if they turn out as well as this one. See attached photos.

Last edited:
Looks good from those two photo's. I hadn't seen that movie for 15+ years, but watched it a month or so ago. Good times - any more Dark Crystal on the way from NECA? HHHHHHMMMMMMMM???

I've been awaiting this figure for waaaay over a year now since it was first announced. I'll be on the lookout for a few of these to go with my Dark Crystal collection...

As for if NECA will make anything else from the movie. Hopefully a 12" version with sound and maybe one more figure but I wouldn't expect more than that as it would be the same # of release as they did for Labyrinth... :(

Any news on the Dark Crystal 17" Castle Statue?

The Chamberlain Figure looks ace.

I would be happy if we get even one more. One of the Mystics or Aughra would be great and visually interesting, but I would even buy a Jen and Kira two-pack if they made one.

I've been awaiting this figure for waaaay over a year now since it was first announced. I'll be on the lookout for a few of these to go with my Dark Crystal collection...

As for if NECA will make anything else from the movie. Hopefully a 12" version with sound and maybe one more figure but I wouldn't expect more than that as it would be the same # of release as they did for Labyrinth... :(

Any news on the Dark Crystal 17" Castle Statue?

I haven't heard or seen any news in about a year now since I pre-ordered mine. I'm wondering if it's even going to get released...

I would be happy if we get even one more. One of the Mystics or Aughra would be great and visually interesting, but I would even buy a Jen and Kira two-pack if they made one.

If NECA takes the line any further, I'd love to see Aughra. She's my favorite character in movie... Jen and Kira would be nice (and I would buy them) but I already have the Sideshow 12" figures and would like to see something different...

It's a great movie, classic. I have some extra Plan B dark crystal busts if anyone is interested.

Needs a full fledged line. wont happen though

Jen
Kira w/ Fizzgig
urRu Mystic
Augrah
Garthim beetle lobster thing (podlings in cage on the back)
that Skeksis that became Emperor
Landstrider

I wish I could afford the Mindstyle stuff... :monkey2

Keep an eye out, I've seen some auctions going for waaaaay less than retail... I was kicking myself because I bought mine at full retail when they were first released and 7 months ago when I was at Baltimore Comic Con, some dealer had the Landstriders for $50... :monkey4

Lovely. I'll be getting it soon. I hope they make more characters from the film and they don't forget Labyrinth. Does anyone know anything about the Goblin pack that was going to be released after the Jareth & Hoggle two-pack?

Keep an eye out, I've seen some auctions going for waaaaay less than retail... I was kicking myself because I bought mine at full retail when they were first released and 7 months ago when I was at Baltimore Comic Con, some dealer had the Landstriders for $50... :monkey4

you and me both. full retail, $80 for the bent over wrinkly dude and $150 for land strider. :monkey2:monkey2

Back