Nostromo & Narcissus Suggestions Please

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furystorm

Super Freak
Reaction score
My Alien collection is sorely lacking in one major aspect. The various ships are not represented in any way in my collection. I would like to remedy this situation and was wondering if anyone has suggestions on what to do to fill this gap. I'm mostly interested in having a representation of the Nostromo and the Narcissus. If I were successful with those two then I might be convinced to move on to the Sulaco and the Drop Ship/APC setup.

I have long been aware of the Halcyon models, even owning one of the Alien figures and never building it up. I would like to avoid having to build and paint my own, but would consider it for the two main craft in the original film. Also, I have noticed that the Halcyon Nostromo goes for ridiculously high prices on ebay, and there is no way I would pay $300 and up for a model that I would more than likely ruin.

Can anyone give me suggestions good representations of the following?

Nostromo - most interested in this!
Narcissus - would consider if unable to find a Nostromo!

Also, input on what would be necessary to build these models would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks for your input. :D

My Alien collection is sorely lacking in one major aspect. The various ships are not represented in any way in my collection. I would like to remedy this situation and was wondering if anyone has suggestions on what to do to fill this gap. I'm mostly interested in having a representation of the Nostromo and the Narcissus. If I were successful with those two then I might be convinced to move on to the Sulaco and the Drop Ship/APC setup.

I have long been aware of the Halcyon models, even owning one of the Alien figures and never building it up. I would like to avoid having to build and paint my own, but would consider it for the two main craft in the original film. Also, I have noticed that the Halcyon Nostromo goes for ridiculously high prices on ebay, and there is no way I would pay $300 and up for a model that I would more than likely ruin.

Can anyone give me suggestions good representations of the following?

Nostromo - most interested in this!
Narcissus - would consider if unable to find a Nostromo!

Also, input on what would be necessary to build these models would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks for your input. :D

Your best bets are going to be the Halcyon kits.

I know you don't want to spend the money or build them...but these would best represent these ships. So, you're going to have to make the choice whether you really want them in your collection or not.

If you choose to go with the kits, I can point you in the right direction of someone to build them. Of course, that'll cost more money. :cool:

Thanks Sabres. If anyone knows about Alien products it has to be you, and I trust your judgement. If this is the case, then I will probably pick up a Narcissus only. The Nostromo is simply out of my reach, or more than I'm willing to invest really. Maybe in the future some company will create ship replicas for the Alien films...

You could pm me more info on a builder/painter for the Nostromo. I would want the piece to be weathered and as realistic as possible. But I may just try to build this up myself.

The Halcyon Nostromo is quite pricey but still pops up every now and again on ebay. Monsters in Motion re-issued it in resin for about $175 but it's no longer available unfortunately. Narcissus is definitely the best bet if it's down to cost.

Bought a Narcissus on ebay tonight for only $20.49 plus shipping. Feel pretty good about that since the last one went only a couple of days ago for $46!

Now to figure out how to build this baby. But I really do want a Nostromo.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://photozbucket.com/pages/2507/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://photozbucket.com/pages/2507/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>Bought a Narcissus on ebay tonight for only $20.49 plus shipping. Feel pretty good about that since the last one went only a couple of days ago for $46!

Now to figure out how to build this baby. But I really do want a Nostromo.

That seemed like a good enough deal, congratulations. Now off to the Nostromo =)

I have the Halcyon Nostromo kit built and primored in black. Had it since '92, but never finished it. It sounds like it would have a better home with you. It was one of the things I was thinking of selling on eBay soon. PM me if you are interested.

I know the guy that is selling the 5 1/2" long Nostromo kit is currently producing a 2ft long kit also. He was lucky enough to buy the original molds for a 2ft long nostromo released a long while ago by AEF (there were only around 12 ever made). As the molds are pretty old, he's refurbishing the molds and remaking them where required.

The original AEF kit was not based on the final detailed Nostromo as we see it in the movie, but rather the painted 'yellow' version minus some details such as the forward satellite dish, etc (see attached pic). The other pic is his kit in process - he's trying to accurize it so it's more like the one seen in the film.
I know this past weekend he bought a degassing vacuum chamber so that the parts will be cast alot cleaner.

The price reflects the quality.
Stick with the Halcyon, I can already see many things wrong with the one you posted the link to.

Thanks for the input. I definitely see what your talking about and would appreciate more detail in a model of the Nostromo. Don't know what I was thinking. Maybe its just that I am finding so little information and product out there.

For those who are interested,this guy makes models of the derelict ship.A bit on the high side but the quality looks very good.I bought the super star destroyer and the armada.Both good pieces.
https://users.hunterlink.net.au/~ddwwp/ScaleSolutionsResinModelKits.html#t1

That model does look quite impressive. Great! Now you've got me wanting to find a way to show off a derelict in my collection as well, and I have not even built my first model yet! Seriously nice piece there though, and nice find. I don't think I would have ever found that. Wish it was not $250!

Er, its tiny dude, like 5 1/2 inches.

Yeah, going to pass. I do want more detail and a lager size.

I know the guy that is selling the 5 1/2" long Nostromo kit is currently producing a 2ft long kit also.

SJ - I need more information about this guy. I would love to add a 2 foot long Nostromo to my Alien collection, even if it means learning the build up and paint application for models. I'm ready to apply myself! So keep me posted, and maybe I will just contact the seller too. Also, what is this AEF you are referring to? Why only 12 models produced? Please excuse my ignorance, as I am new to modeling.

:D

Pretty cool, the guy who sells the little Nostromo, does in fact have the AEF molds and got back to me this morning. I'm just waiting on a price now! He says the molds should be finished off in another two weeks and the prototype is going to France. Then another two weeks for casting of a second set of parts. He says the built up model will be over two feet in length! I wonder how much this is going to be?

Thanks again rivera2171 :D

I'm only a little worried at how much this might cost, because while the seller replies to all my questions, he has not yet given me a price. I hope I can afford one.

Here is my personal model from my larger kit, about 60% completed, made with parts I deem "seconds"..

big_nostromo.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the welcome!

This one blows Halcyon away.. I am re-doing it with help from Jon Sorenson and Dennis Lowe (who built the original Nostromo in 1978-78 during production). Space Jockey is doing killer blueprints. also with help of these great guys. and we have some cool details that the halcyon kit does not have... Like a Narcissus Shuttle and Hanger bay, Ash's Blister, and the airlock/lift. The kit is over 2 gallons of resin, comes with brass copper, aluminum tubing, brass rod for the landing strut reinforcements , vinyl stock for detail, weighs about 15 to 20 pounds completed, and is a beast. I give you excellent technical advice on how to detail it in ways that is not available to the public, and very quick and easy ways of making it bitc**in',..saving yourself money, and having fun.

Just wait until you see Space Jockeys Nostromo engineering blueprints.

the Big version of the kit comes with the small one thrown in..you can give it to your jealous friends who have Halcyon kits lol

Last edited:
Back