Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Alien Reboot!!!

Good God, everything is getting a "reboot" these days. Just leave the classics alone.

I am as shocked as you guys are, a fellow freak sent me the link and when i read it I just about died, First my Beloved Predator and now this!!! :banghead

Flight of the navigator is getting the reboot too :banghead

It's a good saying Hollywood need stamped on their foreheads! "Don't fix it, if it ain't broke!"....

I think we all need to set aside asking "why because there is nothing wrong with the original" and accept that its all about MONEY! Who care anyway, reboot and 20 year later sequels tend to make the originals look like Oscar winners.

Who cares anymore...................Hollywood = whores. Its not about the art of film anymore ............ well maybe it never was.

Re: Alien remake/reboot is GO

:slap The words fail me... Well, they can count me out, I'm not paying to see that. It's just another reason to hate Fox.

this makes me very very very worried.
This is the only hope in the news for me...

"
Michael Costigan, Ridley Scott and even Tony Scott are all on board to produce and have tapped Carl Rinsch to get beyond the camera and bring a new Ripley to the big screen.
"

Ive not heard of Carl Rinsh but it mentions he knows the Scotts ?.
I know Tony and Ridley are amazing film makers so with them together behind this and with someone who they probably trust I now have ALOT of hope and if this turns into avp I'm going to cry.. :monkey2

Already a thread on this

What? where? :confused:

Must've missed it.

Anyway, it doesn't really bother me.
Maybe, with Scott behind it (producer) we'll get a very cool new Alien movie. And if it turns out crap, at least we'll get cool toys out of it.
And we can still go back and watch the original.

When I read that i Paused for a sec and thought...oh well if Ridley and Tony are behind it then it might actually turn out ok, but then I came back down to reality....it's still gonna BLOW HARD!!!

this makes me very very very worried.
This is the only hope in the news for me...

"
Michael Costigan, Ridley Scott and even Tony Scott are all on board to produce and have tapped Carl Rinsch to get beyond the camera and bring a new Ripley to the big screen.
"

Ive not heard of Carl Rinsh but it mentions he knows the Scotts ?.
I know Tony and Ridley are amazing film makers so with them together behind this and with someone who they probably trust I now have ALOT of hope and if this turns into avp I'm going to cry.. :monkey2

I can't imagine anyone bringing anything to the table on this one that would add to the original. Why bother making a reboot... aren't their enough Aliens aroudnd that you could just make a 5th movie (with someone besides Ripley) and have a go at it?

With Ridley involved and the chance it might be an origins film
gives it a chance of beeing good or even great, but its going to take
a hell of a lot more than that to impress me.
WHY THE F@$# IS FOX DOING THIS??????

With very few exceptions, this whole decade has sucked for films. Nobody has the balls to write original stories anymore. However, it's not all Hollywood's fault.. they'll keep re-packaging old ideas until they stop bringing in $100 million a weekend.

Back