Hot Toys Tony Stark suit review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Things are very quiet right now on the collectibles front, although there’s a bunch of stuff popping up on my doorstep later this week. Tonight I’m checking out the new men’s suit from Hot Toys, designed to be used with your Tony Stark head sculpt that you received with your Mark III figure…or just to kit bash anyone in a high quality sixth scale suit. I’m reviewing it using the current standard TrueType body, and that hurts it somewhat, as that’s not really a body designed to wear a suit. I suspect that it will look much better on their upcoming narrow shoulder or slim build bodies, and when I get those later this summer, I’ll be revisiting the look of this suit as part of that review. You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

For you Kindle owners, Amazon was smart enough to drop the price on all their creator owned blogs last weekend to just .99 a month. So if you have a Kindle and can’t wait to read the latest review, you can subscribe through Amazon for just a buck a month, and get all the MROTW goodness downloaded right to your e-book reader! That’s not just the text, but the photos too!

Also, a reminder on the Merman giveaway: later this week I’ll be randomly selecting one of my Twitter followers to get my extra MOTUC Mer-man, absolutely free. Don’t forget!

Thanks for reading,

Michael
MWC

Yep, you're right. It's the boxy shape of the lower jacket and square look that had my mind think double breasted, but yea, it lacks the second set of inside buttons.

You can use one of those clear elastics to hold the collar closed. Just remove the head, lift the shirt lapels and wrap the elastic around the collar, then have the tie cover the elastic before folding down the lapels. It actually looks pretty decent with this fix.

Looks like this Suit commands top dollar!!

One just ended on evilbay for $202 shipped!! crazy.. I was out of the running when it hit $75. :lol

shirt collars look awful. pass.

I just sewed the collar shut. Also retied the tie into a Windsor knot.

100_4770-1.jpg

100_4776-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back