• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Suggestions for feedback thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen

KurJen - Kurgan Mod
Reaction score
Due to recent events, it has been suggested that the feedback be split up to show if the member was a buyer or seller.

To retroactively go through and try to change all the feedback would be a very difficult and time consuming task since the feedback thread has been around for several years. Another problem is that often times people only leave a feedback of +1 with no other description of the transaction.

When leaving feedback it would be very helpful for everyone if you include what type of transaction it was. Then a search can be done and people can see if the person's feedback is for buying/trading/selling/etc...

I'm open to any suggestions on how to make the feedback thread better. I am also asking that people leave a description of the transaction along with feedback on the first page of the feedback thread.

I think it's fine the way it is. if people are too lazy to search the user-name of ther person they are looking for feedback on, then that's their problem.

But then again, maybe they just dont know how to do it. so maybe a little tutorial would help?

Have to agree... seperating them out would be ridiculous at this point and even if just doing it from here on out would be a lot more work for Jen than is necessary.

If you just do a search of the keyword search of the feedback thread you get every post with that person's name in it. Sadly, you'd have to do it for every thread so far to get an accurate look, but it can be done if you want to figure out what type of transaction occurred.

-1 to Jen for making things too complicated.
J/K - I think anything that makes it easier to find out the kind of person you're dealing with is for the best. I don't think it needs to be split buyer/seller but a little description in each post wouldn't hurt.

Maybe from this day forward all who make a deal/transaction on the sale forums will have to state if it was a sale or trade?

A tutorial could be helpful......though if people do a search and no one is giving descriptions of the transactions, it wouldn't do much good if you are trying to find out if they are a good seller vs. a good buyer.

Sadly, we are all taking risks when we purchase online. I just got scammed for purchasing a trial product....won't get into it here as it has nothing to do with this board..but if you are exchanging money with people it always pays to do your research first. If the buyer is legit they should be understanding and accommodating if you want referrals/pics/etc....if not or they refuse, then something doesn't sound right. In fact if you are paying for something you should ALWAYS asks for pics of the product. Anyone posting or PMing "I have one of those" and not offering pics or any other info should immediately raise a red flag.

We have a great community here and the vast majority of people are honest. But buyers should still always do their research before making a transaction on this board.

Well what are ya gonna do...force people to be extra descriptive in their feedback posts? impossible....some people don't even bother to leave feedback, what about them? :p

I say, use your INITIATIVE and common sense. is the person an "active" member? Or does he/she only appear once in a blue moon to sell or buy something? Or do they mainly lurk? What is their post count, and how many posts per day? are they established on other forums or communities in good standing? etc, etc, etc. All big boy and big girl responsibility stuff. :)

Seems like a lot of work, but hey, it's your money....if that's too much work for the peace of mind and good judgment when dealing with your money then what can ya do?

What I have always done was to leave feedback (+1) and comment saying Sold (item) or Bought (item) and with whom I did the transaction. It seems to be the most practical way to leave feedback.

Maybe from this day forward all who make a deal/transaction on the sale forums will have to state if it was a sale or trade?

THAT would be VERY helpful if someone is doing a search. I have asked on the the first post of the feedback thread that people also leave a brief description of what type of transaction took place...unfortunately, not to many people check out the first post unless they are looking for feedback totals...so whether or not people will actually see it, I do not know.

If I see people leaving feedback without a description, I will PM them to get further details.

Well what are ya gonna do...force people to be extra descriptive in their feedback posts? impossible....some people don't even bother to leave feedback, what about them? :p

I'm going to yank out my Kurgan sword and raise some hell!! :lol :lol

The feedback thread will never be a perfect and true way to tell if a person is legit or not...but it is a helpful tool. And you are right a lot of people don't even leave feedback and a lot of newer members often times don't even know it exists. Basically it comes down to people doing their research and paying with credit card so they have some protection if the transaction goes sour.

The only thing that needs to change is the way some people leave feedback.

A simple "+1 for whoever" doesn't work. We need to be more specific in the feedback given.

A simple "+1 for whoever" doesn't work. We need to be more specific in the feedback given.

You could have prevented all of this pix the ex feedback mod! It's all your fault! :lol

i kid :p

I belong to another forum where they have a PTrader system. To leave feedback you go to a feedback section, choose 0 (neutral), +1 (positive) or -1 (negative). Then you have to choose if you are the seller, buyer or if it was a trade, then you put a link to the thread where the transaction took place and finally you could write a little comment. Under your name in your posts then a number appears with your feedback score.

I know it might seem like a lot of steps but all you do is click on that number and it takes you to their feedback page where you could see the details. Of course, it is not 100% flawless, I got scammed in that board as well, :lol. But the person was a long time member with 100s of positive feedback as a seller and buyer who decided to get out of the hobby and take as much money as he could. Can't prevent that from happening no matter what you do.

They are also powered by vBulletin but their version is an older one that this forum uses. They use version 3.7.3. Perhaps is a feature only from that version?

Its not my bag anymore. :lol

:monkey2:monkey2 :lol

I belong to another forum where they have a PTrader system. To leave feedback you go to a feedback section, choose 0 (neutral), +1 (positive) or -1 (negative). Then you have to choose if you are the seller, buyer or if it was a trade, then you put a link to the thread where the transaction took place and finally you could write a little comment. Under your name in your posts then a number appears with your feedback score.

I know it might seem like a lot of steps but all you do is click on that number and it takes you to their feedback page where you could see the details. Of course, it is not 100% flawless, I got scammed in that board as well, :lol. But the person was a long time member with 100s of positive feedback as a seller and buyer who decided to get out of the hobby and take as much money as he could. Can't prevent that from happening no matter what you do.

They are also powered by vBulletin but their version is an older one that this forum uses. They use version 3.7.3. Perhaps is a feature only from that version?

That's a good question for Dave. I know nothing technical about this board. :eek: In fact this is the first and only message board I have belonged to.

-1 to pixletwin for being a *********. Descriptive enough?

I don't think it's too much to ask people for a little bit more of a description when they leave feedback.
I always put 'fast payment' or such if someone buys from me, and 'fast shipping' or whatever if I'm buying.
Jen (and Pix when he was in charge) do a great job with the feedback thread, and I think it would unfair to expect Jen to reorganise it at this point.
Just and extra three or four words to indicate whether you bought or sold wouldn't be such a hardship would it?
All of the people I have bought and sold to on here have been great to deal with and, touch wood, I haven't been stung yet.
Jen and Shell do such a brilliant job in the commerce section. I bow to you :bow

Back