Danburys Minas Tirith picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet

Love this coming statue...can't wait to see where Danbury goes after this. Would love to see a Rivendell or Hobbiton...that would be too cool!

Geb

I think this is gonna be so much better that wetas.
Whilst this looks really good, I don't think it's fair to compare it to Weta's. It's pretty easy to take the Weta piece scale it up and make it look better.

Can we actually even imagine how much work it must have been for Mary McLachlan to produce something this tiny to scale and identifiable at a close look? So I wouldn't put the Weta piece down. :peace

re

Wow, that looks good so far... as far as the drawing goes.
Need to see the piece first before I'll comment.

Didnt get the BD and didnt get the Weta MT, but this does indeed interest me.

:)

Looks pretty good and pretty big.

I'm glad I have on order. I just hope they will continue releasing more environments. That was the one line from SS/Weta that was neglected, for the most part.

will they stop making Barad-dur after this piece is available? I am not quite familar with their production strategy.

Geb said:
Love this coming statue...can't wait to see where Danbury goes after this. Would love to see a Rivendell or Hobbiton...that would be too cool!

Geb

Maybe Minas Morgul, Amon-hen, Buckelberry Ferry or other SOMETHING ELSE ALREADY DONE BY SSW!!!!!!!! :banghead

I'm afraid these won't sell well and DM will stop making them because they put out an item that has already been put out. Why not put out at least a low LE item Like Barad-dur or do Cave of the Dead, or something that has not been done. :confused:

That looks very good. Lets hope DB keeps up the habit and will produce more pieces. I just love evironments!

I agree I wish they would not do stuff Sideshow has already released. It would be awesome if they did Rivendale!:google

Looks pretty cool. I'll get it.

If you call to pre-order the item number is LRV-02

Last edited:
scale

Whilst this looks really good, I don't think it's fair to compare it to Weta's. It's pretty easy to take the Weta piece scale it up and make it look better.

Can we actually even imagine how much work it must have been for Mary McLachlan to produce something this tiny to scale and identifiable at a close look? So I wouldn't put the Weta piece down.

I'm not putting wetas MT down and marys work was great on this small peice, but its tiny.
The white city needs some scale and imo its a better offering than wetas

Well, it was new line that wanted MT put into the EE DVD Gift set. Weta and SS wanted to do a regular scale version but NL over ruled them.

Danbury puts out a drawing, and everyone says it's better than Weta's and starts drooling over it? Anyone can draw a picture of Minas Tirith! Why are we so surprised at what it looks like? I'll get all excited when I see and actual photo of the thing!

FrodoEyes said:
Danbury puts out a drawing, and everyone says it's better than Weta's and starts drooling over it? Anyone can draw a picture of Minas Tirith! Why are we so surprised at what it looks like? I'll get all excited when I see and actual photo of the thing!

The reason I'm excited just because it means they are more than likely going to do it. I can add a bigger version to my collection.

Yeah, but we knew it'd be bigger and that they were gonna do it. I can't get excited over a drawing of something I know what it's going to look like...bring on the real deal!

FrodoEyes said:
Yeah, but we knew it'd be bigger and that they were gonna do it. I can't get excited over a drawing of something I know what it's going to look like...bring on the real deal!

Well, yeah I tink we all knew it would be bigger and what it would look like :p . However, it being a given they would do it is assuming a bit much. I've seen a lot of companies say they where going to do something or take orders only to have it fall apart. This drawing at least gives some more life to it's chances. It will be even better when we see real deal pics.

Last edited:
Back