Prop Conan the Barbarian Atlantean Sword

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have any experience with the swords on ebay? I like the Marto ones, but they are a bit more than I want to pay and this one does not have their marking on the blade, and I like that. Figure $100 or so isn't that bad of a price for a piece to hang on the wall.

https://cgi.ebay.com/Conan-the-Barb...ms=66:2|65:3|39:1|240:1308|301:1|293:1|294:50

I haven't bought off of the bay. However, I have a Ren Faire in the area. One of the biggest if not the biggest on the east coast. I can tell you that most of the swords they sell there are all the same stuff they sell on Ebay. They usually look good but you can tell they are very cheaply made when up close. I have a knock off Strider Sword and the real deal from United Cutlery. The knock offs blade is much thinner and bends easy. It also has "made in pakistan" on the blade. Others are made in China and will likely have that on the blade as well.

That said if you just want something cool to hang on the wall I say go for it. I had several hanging in my basement at one point. If you want a replica go for the Marto. However, I think they are lots of $$$$.

Just read the entire auction and yes its from China. However, I have found that the stuff from China is better than the Pakistan blades.

it's a decent display piece, however, if you want something to play with... 440 stainless stinks. it looks nice but it's brittle compared to carbon steel. for the price it's ok

I have a lot of marto swords and that one is not a marto.

The marto conan fathers sword is soooo nice.

I wish I could score a Marto Father's sword... its at the top of my prop list. But the current price is hard to swallow.

I have the Marto Kurgan sword and it is great, definitely a quality product.

What is best price you guys are finding for the Marto Atlantean? Like $600 or so? It is a gorgeous piece, and I think you have convinced me to go for one of those instead (whenever i can afford it)

Yep; looks like a Marto would set you back $600.

I haven't seen an actual auction for one in a long time... I think they might actually end at a lower price.

Here's one of my martos that I took to get signed.

sorbo4.jpg

Can you guess what sword it is? :D

It's a nice sword this one. He put is fingers all over it when he signed it that's why it's covered in prints. It was clean before that.

Thanks guys, I just want something to show off on the wall. I'll prolly pull the trigger on this one and get a better one down the road.

Morto Baby!!! I got this one when the price was on the down side. They were all going for around 250.00 plus around a 100.00 for shipping. This is a prize piece for me.

MyRoom030-1.jpg

I bought mine with 300 and it was a good deal to me. There`s also a bronze version that comes with a stand but that`s around 700. I love my Atlantean a lot

Back