PLEASE READ! - Will you be doing...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

Many thanks to Dstephan for the opportunity to interact with folks in this forum - and for dedicating space to the humble Sideshow team. We're honored to be part of the discussion

I have to say that there's one type of question we'll never be able to answer without a ;) kind of glib response <meaning unsatisfactory>. We're happy to drop hints when we can, but we cannot answer any direct questions about what we're planning in the future. The big man frowns upon letting the cat out of the bag prematurely.

Please use this thread for all those sorts of questions or quasi-suggestions, and please don't be offended when we can't answer. But for a few frequently asked questions:

1. Will Sideshow/WETA be announcing more LOTR product this year?

MOST definitely! There are more statues, busts, and other assorted goodies coming - you haven't heard the last from us! We'll announce the new products sporadically throughout the year.... and there's some very good stuff on the horizon. Don't despair!

2. Is my favorite line dead? When will you be announcing new figures?

In the world of Sideshow, nothing ever dies. Take Buffy for instance - after a two year hiatus, we're back with a passion. While we may get distracted with new movies or other products, there's a very good chance that we'll go back to continue the WWI or Live By the Sword line at the earliest opportunity. When we've got something ready, you'll be the first to know!

3. Are you sure General Lee had three collar stars, and not four?

Okay, we LOVE this kind of question. Our design team really researches details like these before we commit to plastic, so we're happy to fence with folks that believe they've found a flaw. And if we're wrong, we're glad to know! Feel free to throw detailed questions at us, about ANY current product.

Grroooovy!

:hat

Re: Will you be doing...

Thanks Brant, it's good to know that no door is ever closed on a product line. I for one had completely given up on Buffy and I'm overjoyed at what is coming. I guess we just have to be patient (okay you know that's not gonna happen);) .

Re: Will you be doing...

Cool and so there is still hope for none monster Rod Serling figure from the Twilight zone and more Hogan's Heroes figures (hint, hint).

Actually, I would not want anything to hold up the Planet of the Apes figures from the original movie. General Ursus from Beneath is a must.

Will you be doing

While I enjoy all your product line, (as well as the new ones arriving), my favorite is the 19th century up to early 20th century (WWI - Would also love to see Roaring 20's/Gangster era line). Two questions: 1) Will the Six Gun Legends be making any additions in 2004? (the ACW line seems to be growing nicely.) 2) Any consideration been given to more 'Sets' in both catagories - i.e., weapon sets (A variety of pistols, as well as Colt conversions like, Richards-Mason and, Merwin and Hulbert. 1851 Colt Navy, 1860 Colt Army and Navy, Remington 1875 and short barreled (2-1/2 to 3") Colts and Smith and Wesson. Rifles; Winchester, Spencer, Marlin, Browning etc., etc. An 1887 Colt short barrel lever action shotgun. A clothing line; hats, bandanas, boots, shirts, pants, vests and braces. For those of us who buy your 'nekkid' figures to customize, this would be great to make it a 'one-stop shop'. Finally, a scale buckboard, covered wagon, stagecoach and chuckwagon, would probably keep me smiling like a cat spittin' feathers fer a mighty long time, (even with an empty wallet). Thanks for making this hobby so pleasurable...

Re: Will you be doing

Welcome to the board doublej, you should start a new thread with your question. Also please keep in mind what Brant said above about "will you be doing..." as well. Thanks! :D

Dave (admin)

Will you be doing

Thank you for the welcome Dave, and the pointer. As I navigate my way thru these 'new waters' I may accidently splash or unwillingly 'rock the boat'. Once I have the avenues figured out, the splashing and rocking should cease. However, my over-exuberance and just downright child-like giddiness for this hobby may sway me from time to time, and I ask you to 'right my ship' should I stray the course again. Sideshow not only makes a great product, but, their CS staff are a real pleasure to deal with. Hope you don't mind if I query you with ?'s from time to time. One last thing: any idea what the average age group is on this site?

Thanks!

double j

"Only the dead are without fear..."

Hey doublej, no problem, my email is always open for questions or problems. As to the average age - check out the thread in the LOTR forum called "I want to know..." or something like that where members are introducing themselves.

D (admin)

SideShow relly does care about their customers

Hi all,
This is not a question as much as an acknowledgment of Side Shows willingness to do their best for their devoted customers.On several occasions, I have contacted people at Side Show who are "in the Know" and have asked about upcoming figures, they always answer as much as possible,however, they do not spill the beans. Speaking with two of the reps by phone they were very interested in getting input on some of the historical lines. I have been buying their figures since they began making them, in all I (also my 9 year old son) own 60 figures from Side Show alone with another 10 on pre-order. The biggest reason is because they think outside the box, creating lines that only they can do because they enjoy what they do. Several of the team members who design the Civil War line are reenactors.
No one is perfect, however, they really like what they do and it shows. Their reputation has caused their sales to explode.Too bad other companies don't do the same.:yay
Thanks,
Brent

Sorry to be annoying. Can you tell me if you WONT be doing the creature from the Outer Limits episode " the Children from Spider County". An ambiguous NO will suffice.
And stop smiling and shaking your head at the same time.:bow

Will Sideshow be re-issuing/resculpting Universal Monsters in the futre ?

necropost.jpg

Back