Seven of Nine 1/4 Bust Repaint by Yours Truly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentSurfer

Good Enough Never Is!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
We don't really have a Star Trek forum here, and I hate to put this in General, and Seven is a cyBORG, so I figure I can get away with dropping this here.

I did already post these pics in the Summor Glau commission thread, but not everybody is going to look there, so here's me continuing in my tradition of polishing up Sideshow's offerings of female goodness. Enjoy.

Comparison02.jpg

Comparison01.jpg

Comparison03.jpg

Now if you're thinking, "Hey, the hair is too dark; she's a blonde!" You're not totally wrong, though lots of the photos I found on the net make her look like a redhead. It really depends on the lighting and time of the photo I suppose, so I went with what I like the most.

seven_of_nine_head_shot.jpg

Seven_of_ninef.jpg

JeriRyan-2.jpg

RedBlue.jpg

multipic_01.jpg

What I did with the paintjob is incorporate lots of metallics such as gold and copper into the paint mix to give it a similar natural reaction to light like real hair has and no flat color can duplicate. So, like the real Seven and real hair, it really depends on the lighting (somewhat dark in my photos) and the angle the light hits it. Check this out.

ThreeShot.jpg

Voyager7.jpg

looks amazing surf !...the sculpt was always there behind the crappy paint job...now it's a work of art :) really dead on likeness !!

Rob

Do busts normally incorporate the chest or did they just deem her chest a rather essential ingredient?

Forgot how much I fancied her back in the day. Imagine seeing that walking around on set every day. Major frustration or what.

Oh and I apologise for not commenting on the great new paintjob. I'm not familiar with the original version but that looks pretty damn good.

The ship is a pre-painted (assembly required) kit by Bandai that includes all the lighting. The power is actually in the base, the connector is where it plugs into the bottom of the ship. It can also be diplayed in landing mode with a panel to cover the power connection and it has landing gere. It's a pretty cool piece.

Do busts normally incorporate the chest or did they just deem her chest a rather essential ingredient?

I don't know how much any other bust includes the 'bust', but I wouldn't have bought this one without it.:lol I used to have the PF, but the body was just very wrong on it, so I sold if for a $350 profit. The hourglass shape was somehow lost in her figure, the big zipper down the backside, though hidden and stitched over, made her look like she had a load in her pants, the boobs, which are perfect here, on the PF were very in need of a support braw, the clothing material was not a match for the show and certainly no match for their PF prototype pictured on the site, and she had the wrong hand in front of her body for the pose they used.

The head sculpt on this is exactly the same BTW.
7128_press02-001.jpg

And the PF clothing looked nothing like either of these pics.
url

Forgot how much I fancied her back in the day. Imagine seeing that walking around on set every day. Major frustration or what.

Seriously, huh! I do have the DVD series though, and in the behind the scenes stuff she always has a robe on over her costume when not filming.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/85O6HISsUTk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/85O6HISsUTk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Seriously, huh! I do have the DVD series though, and in the behind the scenes stuff she always has a robe on over her costume when not filming.

I think if I had been working on that show I'd have had to insist on a robe - not because of some moral objection but because I'd be driven mad with sexual fervour! I'd have been jealous as hell of her husband...or then husband, I think shes been divorced.

Thanks. I only wish the PF had a better body on it, or that they had just finished this this bust all the way down as a sculpted clothing statue. This thing is so much better than the PF that came after. I'm just lucky I found this one on eBay.

The custom painted bust looks great! The difference is so noticeable comparing it to the factory painted one. Excellent job! :rock

great custom paint job!

and that is certainly one heck of a bust. yes sir indeed. very nice bust. cough. ahem.

Back