All the busts are mine! MIIIIIINEE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrodoEyes

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yay! Well, I got involved in a bidding war with someone on ebay for a Wiki bust from Germany that ends tonight, there were a couple hours still to go, and I eventually beat someone's maximum bid, but then someone bid 150 euros, and there's no way I'm paying that even for the Wiki...
BUT, I then saw a Buy It Now offer on one from my neighbour county Suffolk! £99! No Paypal, but I checked his feedback and he seems fine, has sold Weta stuff before, as well as bunny ornaments!

So then I was after the last one -Moria Archer. There's one on ebay. I was winning it with £80 until 30 seconds from the end, then the price SKY ROCKETED to 150 Euros! And if I'm not paying that for the Wiki, I sure as hell aint paying it for Moria 'bent arrow' Archer!
BUT then I remembered a website I've used before that had it for sale at £79.99, so I went there and got it for £83 shipped! Go me! So now, when these two arrive, I will have them ALL! Woo!
So that's all the busts, and all the environments. So, just the Wiki, Cave Troll and Balrog statues to go!!! Hmm.....

archer bust

Hey,

Need a Archer bust aswell...

How much to netherlands ?

Regards,
Alex

FrodoEyes said:
Yay! Well, I got involved in a bidding war with someone on ebay for a Wiki bust from Germany that ends tonight, there were a couple hours still to go, and I eventually beat someone's maximum bid, but then someone bid 150 euros, and there's no way I'm paying that even for the Wiki...
BUT, I then saw a Buy It Now offer on one from my neighbour county Suffolk! £99! No Paypal, but I checked his feedback and he seems fine, has sold Weta stuff before, as well as bunny ornaments!

So then I was after the last one -Moria Archer. There's one on ebay. I was winning it with £80 until 30 seconds from the end, then the price SKY ROCKETED to 150 Euros! And if I'm not paying that for the Wiki, I sure as hell aint paying it for Moria 'bent arrow' Archer!
BUT then I remembered a website I've used before that had it for sale at £79.99, so I went there and got it for £83 shipped! Go me! So now, when these two arrive, I will have them ALL! Woo!
So that's all the busts, and all the environments. So, just the Wiki, Cave Troll and Balrog statues to go!!! Hmm.....

So you are a completist as well... :wacky :wacky , I wonder how much did you get your wiki crown, some time ago, it was sold for 960Euro... something like that... *phew*

All the busts are mine! MIIIIIINEE!

The busts are great and really don't take up that much room
except for the larger ones like Treebeard. I've always liked
them as they typically have different clothes then the statues.
And with the 1/4 scale PFs coming you can get an idea of
what those statues sculpts will look like.

Congrats!

Yeah, and I have my Treebeard bust in with m statues, it's big enough to be seen as a partial statue, and it solves my 'No Treebeard statue' dilemna as well as having nowhere to put him in with the busts at the top of my cabinets!

GTB, I don't have all the helms, they are something I see that I can collect for the next few years, I can buy one a month or something, that way the collecting bug goes on and I dont have to spend alot of cash all at once.
The only helms I have are the Gondorian set, Mouth of Sauron, Elessars crown, Eomers, and the Sauron helm I got free with my troll maquettes. Plus I'm bidding on a couple of Jesseawilsons helms. HI Jesse! Hope I win them!

To bad you are in England. I might be forced to sell my Balrog, and I'm not comfortable shipping overseas.. :(

I don't think I'd be able to go after one at the moment anyway, maybe a few months into the new year!

Lol Jesse, well I don't mind when it's a cheap bid, as long as I find out after!

Well now that I know it's a board member, I'll just end the auction and sell them to you if you'd like Frodoeyes.

Jesse

FrodoEyes said:
Yeah, and I have my Treebeard bust in with m statues, it's big enough to be seen as a partial statue, and it solves my 'No Treebeard statue' dilemna as well as having nowhere to put him in with the busts at the top of my cabinets!

GTB, I don't have all the helms, they are something I see that I can collect for the next few years, I can buy one a month or something, that way the collecting bug goes on and I dont have to spend alot of cash all at once.
The only helms I have are the Gondorian set, Mouth of Sauron, Elessars crown, Eomers, and the Sauron helm I got free with my troll maquettes. Plus I'm bidding on a couple of Jesseawilsons helms. HI Jesse! Hope I win them!

Its true you can take your time with the helms.... but IMO, the Rohan-related helms are going up in prices... so you may like to get them first... those orc helms will always be low in price

Jesseawilson said:
Well now that I know it's a board member, I'll just end the auction and sell them to you if you'd like Frodoeyes.

Jesse

Wow, thanks Jesse! That is most kind. How many days is there to go? Am I still winning?

FrodoEyes said:
Wow, thanks Jesse! That is most kind. How many days is there to go? Am I still winning?

Done! They are yours, I will get them boxed up tomorrow and email you with your shipping options.

Happy hunting for the rest of the helms!!

Jesse

Thanks! I only bid on them as I was drunk and saw they were cheaper than on the second chance thing....but I'll take them happily! PM sent.

FrodoEyes said:
Thanks! I only bid on them as I was drunk...

I think I may invent a Breathalyzer that attaches to a computer which requires the user to blow into it before being allowed to log into eBay.

Do you think it would sell? :D

Good idea! I'd had a couple of glasses at work before I left and was so dizzy....I added every helm left in stock at Sideshow to my cart before going on ebay to see if I could find them cheaper. You see, I may have been drunk, but I wasn't drunk stupid!

And today, they both arrived! The Moria Archer bust from R2DToys and the Wiki bust from ebay. At last, I have a Wiki in trueform representation in Weta form! I'm now off to arrange all the busts together. I must get that camera back off my sister so I can take piccies!

Back