Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Toht image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy Ray

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sorry for the rather poor quality of some of these photos, but I know a lot of you are having panic attacks waiting for pics. Better quality images on the way soon:

IMG_15293.JPG

IMG_15302.JPG

IMG_15313.JPG

IMG_15321.JPG

IMG_15352.JPG

IMG_15363.JPG

IMG_15393.JPG

IMG_15423.JPG

IMG_1543.JPG

IMG_15474.JPG

This figure is a "futzers" dream. Sooo many things I wanna tweak already! Looks pretty good though so far! Thanks for the pics!

He'll definitely require some futzing, but after the concerns around Belloq from the initial pics, and how I was able to get him to look after futzing, I'm not too concerned about Toht...yet. Will hold out judgment until I have him in-hand myself.

The glasses are pretty weak for sure...Maybe someone can customize some better ones for us? :angelsmil

Brows are a little thick too (always a problem with SS figs)...I'll bet Les is gonna do a KILLER repaint on this guy! :rock

and true about the swastika pin...glad SS actually had the balls to use that insignia!

He'll definitely require some futzing, but after the concerns around Belloq from the initial pics, and how I was able to get him to look after futzing, I'm not too concerned about Toht...yet. Will hold out judgment until I have him in-hand myself.

The glasses are pretty weak for sure...Maybe someone can customize some better ones for us? :angelsmil

I'm with you. I got my Belloq "just where I wanted him" after a few tweaks. Toht doesn't look like he'll need much! I wouldn't be surprised if some talented individual did some wire frame glasses from real wire. Wouldn't be hard to do!

At first glance... I'm STOKED! All that gear, all that clothing, and the melty head!

So many questions!

How's the poker look, I mean the "hot" end?

How's the melty head? It's a little different than I was thinking.

Glasses do seem to be the weak spot. But happily the sculpt looks much better than I was thinking. He looks really young -- like Young Toht about 10 years before Raiders -- but the sculpt is there, as is his rather unique hairline.

Overall, how's the figure? Maybe you can give us a little review.

Thank you, thank you for the pics! It's gonna help me get thru the wait.

Yeah, the sculpt is defintely there, but the glasses do kind of detract from it. Granted, these aren't the best pics though.

Your pics aren't great:peace, but even with the fuzz it shouldn't look that bad.
But I agree that this one doesn't worry me as much as Rene. This is a better likeness and you can see that with a little futzing this is a good piece. Belloq needs more than just adjusting.

I agree, the likeness is totally there, but those glasses are a little distracting. Does anybody round here custom make such things?

I'm a little surprised about the swastica, too. But come to think of it, I believe my Nazi Kroenen has one of those pins, too. (Though, if memory serves, they did alter the outer shipping box to delete the word "Nazi" and insert "WWII.")

Thanks for the pics! Can't wait for my Ex to arrive next month!

Definitely needs some futzing, but looks pretty good so far! Those glasses gotta be replaced!

Your thoughts overall, Billy Ray?

Both sculpts look great, although the normal one will need a repaint. And of course, like all 'suit' figures there'll be a lot of futzing required, as already noted. But so far I'm pleasantly surprised by the 'normal' sculpt.

Yep, the glasses are pretty bad, but overall he looks great. Love the melty head. Didn't you guys ask Sideshow to try and fix the glasses? If they didn't fix the glasses, I have a feeling they didn't tweak the Ark either.

Still a great-looking figure and "out of the box" much better than Belloq.

There seems to be a major skintone difference between the head and neck as well as the bare hands and wrist pegs? Not that this couldn't be fixed but is it just in the photos, Billy Ray, or is it pretty noticable??

Thank you Billy, you have made SSF History.

And thanks to SSC for having the temerity and the Ballz to actually make this figure.. and include a melty head and Nazi pin. That was a stroke of genius.

The glasses are a very minor concern to me compared to the overall quality and accessories included in this Figure. Outfit seems to be well tailored and that HAT. That Hat makes the fig for me becasue when he's wearing it, it IS Toht.

Congrats SSC.

IMO, this Fig will, actually, eventually, become a Grail fig of sorts because I doubt we will ever see another 12" Toht made again.

Last edited:
nice pictures man! the glasses are a bet eh...the screaming head is sick tho!

"IMO, this Fig will, actually, eventually, became a Grail fig of sorts because I doubt we will ever see another 12" Toht made again."

Heck, we didn't even see a 3 3/4" Toht from Hasbro! This is a day to remember for Raiders fans!

Back