Top 5 most sought after SS figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maskfreak

Super Freak
Reaction score
What is the most sought after, rare, highly priced on the secondary market
12" Sideshow figures? It seems the 12" Creature from the Black Lagoon is one of them. I've seen this on E-Bay for $200-$300. Jason Voorhees pt 3 usually goes for $100 or so. Kurgen? Any others? What are your top 5?

Off the top of my head, all of these are very sought after and becoming expensive. The monsters in general (especially the SSE versions are starting to really go up as well). I'm sure I missed some...

Universal Monsters - Son of Frankenstein SSE
The Dead - Patient Zero
X-Files - Alexander Krycek
X-Files - Assistant Director Skinner
Monty Python - Knight Who Says 'Ni'
Hellboy - Nazi Kroenen
Universal Monsters - Holiday Dracula (signed & unsigned)
Universal Monsters - Holiday Frankenstein
Universal Monsters - Creature from the Black Lagoon SSE
Universal Monsters - The Mummy
Dark Crystal - Jen & Kira
James Bond - O
Platoon - King
Platoon - Rhah
Platoon - Sgt. 'Red' O'Neill
Planet of the Apes - Forbidden Zone Astronaut Taylor
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Darla Exclusive (Blue)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - D'Hoffryn

Really the Dark Crystal figures? I've wanted to want to buy those figures... but they looked like such ass I could never buy them, even at below retail :lol

But a great list Lonnie! The 6 Guns Doc Holiday figure seems to sell for a lot as well.

I don't usually scalp figures. But I have to admit to having an Alexander Krycek figure that I did sell on eBay when I decided to not collect X-Files. I got a winning bid of 300.00 (the next bid down was 299.00), but the winner renegged on the sale and then a bunch of them went up (I presume because the sellers saw what I made as there were like 30 people watching the auction, but only like 7 or 8 bidding). So when I re-listed the item...it went for 81.00.

I also have to admit to being a little disappointed.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://photozbucket.com/pages/3346/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://photozbucket.com/pages/3346/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>I don't usually scalp figures. But I have to admit to having an Alexander Krycek figure that I did sell on eBay when I decided to not collect X-Files. I got a winning bid of 300.00 (the next bid down was 299.00), but the winner renegged on the sale and then a bunch of them went up (I presume because the sellers saw what I made as there were like 30 people watching the auction, but only like 7 or 8 bidding). So when I re-listed the item...it went for 81.00.

I also have to admit to being a little disappointed.

That was quite the drop, it would be nice to sell it for the initial 300.

Doom PF Ex
X-Men vs Sent #1
1:1 Iron Man Bust

I really have all the pieces I'm just dying to get. I've been pretty lucky in that regard.

I have been searching after a Alex Krycek for a very long time, and everytime I found one his price was very high.

Still not bought one, think I have lost a little interest :)

71321_press01-001.jpg

Enough Said

The older Predators 1/6s.

Oops......and T-800 Endoskeletons 1/6s.

Last edited:
Since the original post listed figures and indicated 1/6 I'd have to say the Top 5 "rarest" SSC Figures and most sought after are:

• THE DEAD Patient Zero
  • FRIDAY THE 13TH Part III Jason
  • HELLBOY Nazi Kroenen
  • UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Creature of the Black Lagoon SSE

and the Big Daddy, the one that is the truest 1/6 Grail of them all:

1. UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Son of Frankenstein SSE

There are only 10 and if you are lucky enough to nab one into your collection I'd say you have something that you can hold over everyone else's collection save 9 others.

Back