Star Wars vs Star Trek: I've just traded allegiance.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentSurfer

Good Enough Never Is!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I saw the new Star Trek movie last night, and DAMN!, that is one amazing movie. It had all the advantages of modern movie making, yet it felt real like the OT Star Wars movies once did. Opinions are bound to vary, and I welcome all of them in this thread, but as a life long Star Wars fan somewhat disapointed with Nazi Lucas's green screen CG obsessed prequels, and a not-fan of the cheezy, goody good geek fest that used to be Star Trek, I have to say that the tide has finally turned. It felt like a kick to the balls to admit it last night, but it's happened. Star Trek is now the sh1t, and Star Wars is the toilet paper. Star Trek owns the space wars genre now. It even had real aliens in it, not just people with different foreheads and skin color.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The best thing about this movie is that it allows Star Trek to go wherever it wants to now in a way that actually pays homage to what came before. It uses the legend that was the original series, and makes it current. The original actors have been replaced, but the iconic characters are very much present, alive and ready to give old and new fans what they expect, hope for, and didn't know they could do.

You want to see this movie. This is the Star Trek that must go on. Star Wars has been dying for me, and Star Trek just put the last nail in the coffin.

Last edited:
Re: Star Wars vs Star Trek: I just changed my life long allegiance.

Your spoiler is wrong.

Spoiler Spoiler:

That being said this is what I wanted Star Wars to be, fun and exciting. Excellent casting and performances. For right now I'll gladly drop my Jedi Robes and put on a Yellow Shirt but while I have no interest in the newer Star Wars stuff I love the history and while I love the new Star Trek I have no interest in reviewing its past.

Good to hear it man. I've always been a bigger Star Trek fan to Star Wars. It's good to see more people coming to the Dark Side now... :)

NOOOOO.....Surfer..:( just think of the original 3:D screw the last 3. Come back to the light side(or dark :naughty).

Typical fair weather fans you guys are! You see one good installment of a series (TV and Movies) that has sucked forever and your ready to throw away 30 years of greatness! Live long and prosper in the "Trek" universe, if you can be turned to the dark side that easy, we dont want ya!

Meh. It's still Star Trek, and ST is just Meh. I've been hearing good things though glad trekies like it.

But SW owns ST

Haha, I was thinking about it but I still love SW is better. The first three are classics.

Only thing i've seen of Star Trek is the new film (which I thought was amazing) and that ^^^^ all over SW ep 1-3.

I'll always be a bigger SW fan, but can't wait to see Star Trek.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ce_90029658" width="400" height="226" data="https://current.com/e/90029658/en_US"><param name="movie" value="https://current.com/e/90029658/en_US"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="https://current.com/e/90029658/en_US" width="400" height="226" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object>

I get the feeling as well from the vibe and buzz of this film, that in 10 years the Trekkies will be the ones making fun of the "loser" kids dressed like battle droids.

I'll always be a bigger SW fan, but can't wait to see Star Trek.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ce_90029658" width="400" height="226" data="https://current.com/e/90029658/en_US"><param name="movie" value="https://current.com/e/90029658/en_US"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="https://current.com/e/90029658/en_US" width="400" height="226" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object>

That is the best effin ^^^^^ i have watched this year!....though still would not understand why the Enterprise refit would be just sitting there above water..oh, wait nevermind..it was trying to hide from the Death Star. :lol

I am looking forward to the movie, but star wars will always be #1 in my books. Anyone catch the movie Fanboys? It had a funny take on the whole SW vs ST thing.

The distinction is really silly though...we're all geeks :wacky

Last edited:

I saw the new Star Trek movie last night, and DAMN!, that is one amazing movie. It had all the advantages of modern movie making, yet it felt real like the OT Star Wars movies once did. Opinions are bound to vary, and I welcome all of them in this thread, but as a life long Star Wars fan somewhat disapointed with Nazi Lucas's green screen CG obsessed prequels, and a not-fan of the cheezy, goody good geek fest that used to be Star Trek, I have to say that the tide has finally turned. It felt like a kick to the balls to admit it last night, but it's happened. Star Trek is now the sh1t, and Star Wars is the toilet paper. Star Trek owns the space wars genre now. It even had real aliens in it, not just people with different foreheads and skin color.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The best thing about this movie is that it allows Star Trek to go wherever it wants to now in a way that actually pays homage to what came before. It uses the legend that was the original series, and makes it current. The original actors have been replaced, but the iconic characters are very much present, alive and ready to give old and new fans what they expect, hope for, and didn't know they could do.

You want to see this movie. This is the Star Trek that must go on. Star Wars has been dying for me, and Star Trek just put the last nail in the coffin.

You feel this way because it was new.

Your spoiler is wrong.

My spoiler in no way contradicts what you just said.
Spoiler Spoiler:

NOOOOO.....Surfer..:( just think of the original 3:D screw the last 3. Come back to the light side(or dark :naughty).

Typical fair weather fans you guys are! You see one good installment of a series (TV and Movies) that has sucked forever and your ready to throw away 30 years of greatness! Live long and prosper in the "Trek" universe, if you can be turned to the dark side that easy, we dont want ya!

I'm not saying Star Wars didn't rule for 30 years and is suddenly no longer better than Star Trek of the past 30 years. That still stands, and always will. I've never hated Star Trek, but like I said, I've never been a Trekkie. I've always been whatever the Star Wars equivilant of that is. What I mean is this: what Star Wars is today pales to what Star Trek has just become.

Meh. It's still Star Trek, and ST is just Meh. I've been hearing good things though glad trekies like it.
But SW owns ST

Go see it and let me know if you still thinks it's "Meh". I think this is what the Star Wars prequels should have been.

You feel this way because it was new.
Not at all. I usually have the opposite reaction for things that are based on previous works, especially when done by new "visionaries". Most of the time, something has to grow on me a while before I accept it. This movie just has beautiful chemistry. It takes the best ingredients from the original formula, adds some kickass new spices, and dishes it out steaming hot.

Not at all. I usually have the opposite reaction for things that are based on previous works, especially when done by new "visionaries". Most of the time, something has to grow on me a while before I accept it.

I still think you are too close to the situation to be making such statements, but, oh well.

I remember when Independence Day came out. I thought it was better than Star Wars. Now I realize I was just a stupid kid at the time. :lol

My spoiler in no way contradicts what you just said.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spock Prime exists but because he was separated from the timeline at alteration. While he is a relic of the old guard it is misleading to say

it happens in such a way that in no way means that everything fans have loved before never took place.

When in fact it does. Saying that Spock Prime exists so that the Old Star Trek is alive is like saying because Michael Gough plays Alfred in Nolan's films that the Burton franchise can be treated like it wasn't erased. While Spock Prime remembers what he remembers as time continues will be more of a fairy tale than anything else and not be replicated on screen not to mention when he goes to the New Vulcan he will be less of a factor in the Enterprise's history which will now be unfolded by Spock Composite (Quinto). It doesn't happen in a way that will keep Trek history in place, in fact quite the opposite. Not to mention that Spock Prime's knowledge of future technologies and his moving to New Vulcan will probably mean that the Vulcan race itself will be far superior than they ever would have because they'll be privy to a 150 year worth of technological advances.

I love both and I always have. I think for me they never competed each other, there like chalk and cheese.
The only thing they have in common, is that they both have spaceships in them.

Serenity tried to be like Star Wars, That's why it sucked

Apples and oranges. For one, Star Trek is science fiction, Star Wars is space fantasy. It's not fair to compare the two. I've always been a bigger SW fan to Trek, though I love Trek. Just because ST is the "new" thing now doesn't mean it's better than SW. I did as a movie like the new Star Trek to TPM or AOTC. For me it comes down to I like the story of Star Wars to Star Trek.

I get the feeling as well from the vibe and buzz of this film, that in 10 years the Trekkies will be the ones making fun of the "loser" kids dressed like battle droids.

Where can I get a battle droid costume?!:google

Back