Charles Camsell haunted abandoned hospital in Edmonton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voorhees27

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just wanted to share this story with you freaks. I use to pass by this hospital everyday on my way home from school back in the late 80's, I had no idea ................

Here are some pics done by a fellow Edmontonian about a year ago, he and his friends were the only ones to ever enter and get so many details.

Exterior

camsellhm5.jpg

n645326567_706239_8261.jpg

n645326567_706242_2714.jpg

n645326567_707323_4316.jpg

Interior main floors

n645326567_706243_4265.jpg

n645326567_707320_3297.jpg

n645326567_707321_3633.jpg

Interior basement

n127800041_30007869_6227.jpg

n645326567_707333_7169.jpg

n127800041_30007870_6507.jpg

The Charles Camsell Hospital is located in Edmonton, Alberta, and the building that stands originally opened in 1967. Since 1996, the building has been abandoned since the hospital shut its doors. The original part of the building that no longer exists was a tuberculosis sanatorium that reached its peak in the 1950s. Some of the patients in this sanitorium were put there by force, and other patients that had certain defects were sterilized without the patients approval. The hospital has bore witness to many deaths and tragic events, including in 1982, when a man working on the roof fell to his death.

The hospital is believed to be haunted, and people who just even walk past it feel as though there are hundreds of eyes looking at them through the boarded up windows. Satanic symbols and graffiti are a plethora on the fences, not helping the sites reputation as a dark and scary place. The fourth floor of the hospital was home to the psychiatric ward during its existence. On a recorder, the scream of a young woman has been captured there. A psychic believed this was the spirit of a teenage girl who had ripped her nails off from her fingers. The second floor was the surgical wing, and to this day there are still blood stains on the floor in one room. In the morgue, the elevator has been known to go up and down on its own accord. Footsteps are often heard, indicating that some of the patients still walk the halls, even in death.

I plan on visiting the hospital hopefully this weekend with camera, if all goes well I will take it to the next level.

scary scary stuff
Are u serious about going there, i enjoy a good ghost story but would never ^^^^ with things i truly don't understand

Ooooo, I love stories like this! Ghost stories are the only thing that can really still freak me out.

Those "true" ghost story specials that used to run on fox gave me the willies!

I've never gone to a haunted site before, but it's something I definitely plan to do at some point.

Scary keep as post it i would love to see some more of this this looks
interesting

scary scary stuff
Are u serious about going there, i enjoy a good ghost story but would never ^^^^ with things i truly don't understand

My only concern is that the hospital is located in a rough part of town so I may have to visit (break in) during the day. The problem with this is the amount of attention I will bring to myself. We'll see.

I will ^^^^ my pants no doubt but i'm also damn bored. The basement was pitch dark in those pics and the original poster mentioned his group not having the balls continuing on further. They also claimed to hear a scream in which also had them running back up the stairs.

The hospital is also littered with birds so he claimed that it could have been some sort of bird that made the noise too. I plan on assembling about a group of 4, the more the merrier but again broad daylight may = Police.

If anyone is interested in doing a little investigating in your own area, this is a nifty resource.
https://www.theshadowlands.net/places/

Thanks! There are some near me!

Hartland - The Hartland Inn - The Hartland Inn operated as a hotel and restaurant in the early 1900s. Nowadays the rooms upstairs are no longer in use, but the restaurant still is open. One night after closing time in 2002 or 2003, the bussers were folding napkins around table 9 when they heard a bloodcurdling scream coming from the basement. One of them went down to the basement and it was pitch black. She asked everyone else if they had been down there, but no one had. There have also been sightings of a little girl in a Victorian-style sailor outfit in the basement.

Delafield - Nashotah - Nashotah House & Seminary - The grounds of this Episcopal seminary have been inhabited since the 1500s, and have been inhabited by a ghost since the mid-1700s. When an acolyte to the Episcopal priesthood attended this seminary, his wife had an affair with the Dean. To accommodate this affair, the woman hanged her husband; it was ruled a suicide, however. Since committing suicide is a mortal sin, the acolyte was buried in a cornfield rather than the cemetery. On her deathbed, the cheating wife confessed to her crime. The seminary wished to rightfully bury the body, so they exhumed the casket only to find that it was empty. It is said that the acolyte still haunts the grounds trying to get justice.

Oconomowoc - LaBelle Cemetery - There is a large statue of a young girl and a cross behind her. On some nights you can see a girl walking from the area of the statue and drowning herself in Lac La Belle. Other times, the hands of the girl will drip blood.

Looks like I have some investigating to do!

I might have to make a bit of a drive for this one:

Delevan - Elms road - As the legend goes there was a man that used to Live on elms road he was a butcher and was the butcher for that town one night he had went crazy and chopped his family up one by one in the local butcher, Later that night he hand hung him self in the barn in the woods... it has been stated and many others who were non believers till now that if you go to were the old butcher shop was you will hear frantic screaming and loud laughing, It was also stated that he had hung him self in his barn which was located in the woods if you are going down the street toward delevan turn left onto Elms road then go straight for about 7 miles till you come to a gravel road on the left side and turn left onto the road go all the way down into the woods area then keep straight to right about were the road turns to field and make sure everyone you are with is looking straight ahead or not at all, then every one you are with turn there head to the right and you will see the man with the rope around his neck standing there then he will disappear...You can also go to wear the barn is located and still see the rope hanging there WARNING: Please for your own safety don't go alone!!

Last edited:
I've had some friends bust into that place a couple years ago. Said it was super creepy. Not a place I'd visit

I've never heard of this hospital and I've lived around Edmonton for the last 20 years haha...the story and creepy photos makes me want to visit it some day...

Ah c'mon man, i'll buy you a donair if you come with :D

Donairs... Are... Amazing.. (Depending on where in Edmonton you get them ofcourse:D)

I'm not sure how well known Bruce, Alberta is, but when I was over there for a stay a few years ago, we heard of this house known as the "Bird Man's House". Long story short, we went through the window of this abandoned house - still felt like someone was living there:lol - and inside the scene was really creepy. There were lots of cats. He had nailed big branches to his dry wall, left the windows open. I guess birds would fly in, and the cats (and maybe the bird man himself) would have a feeding frenzy. He had also painted satanic signs on the outside of his house. My friends went into the basement cellar and that's when I peaced out and ran:lol

Back