1/6 KOTCS Indiana Jones--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
PREORDER NOW!!

Q: I was impressed by Sideshow’s ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’ Indiana Jones 12-inch Figure. Any plans for a ‘Kingdom of the Crystal Skull’ Indy 12-inch Figure to compliment the ‘Raiders’ figure? (I’m specifically referring to one produced by Sideshow, not the one already available by Medicom Toy.)

A: Yes! Sideshow will be offering a Crystal Skull version of Indiana Jones in 2009, along with other characters from the franchise in 1:6th scale. Stay tuned to our Newsletter and website for the announcements when they are ready to be made!

SSC usually doesn't just come out and say that something is coming. So how long until the announcement and reveal and what do you think the exclusive will be? :whip

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 1/6 KOTCS Indiana Jones coming in 2009!?!

Wow! I'm shocked! Not just that it's a definitive answer, but that it's coming this year?!?

They were vague-- just "other characters from the franchise".

I would think that LFL would push and insist on Mutt Williams over anyone else in KOTCS since he might be the future of the franchise.

I'll get Indy. I hope to see him in a few months at SDCC along with several other Indy Line figures.

Awesome, that means I probably won't be buying the Medicom version. Fridge for the exclusive :rock :rock
I wonder what the other characters are gonna be?

Can't say that I'd buy this version (unless it knocks my socks off), but I'm happy to hear that Sideshow is continuing on with the line. I just hope we see something from ToD. That's the movie I'm waiting on. But beggars can't be choosers at this point when it comes to the Indy franchise, I suppose.

Which is why it'd make sense to offer up Mutt to counterbalance especially since they already confirmed that we wouldn't get Sallah, Marcus or Marion which means that other than Mutt we'd probably only get Short Round on an altered Hobbit body for heroes (and that is wishful thinking) and a bunch of Indy variants.

I'd probably buy Kingdom Indy. It's the other figure from the franchise that really has my attention though. They need something to boost interest in this line and a different character would really do that nicely.

Mola Ram, Suderam! :rock

:rock :rock :rock

Mola seems to be the most awaited figure for many! He tops just about all the polls and lists. I think I visually stunning character like that would definitely draw some attention toward the line.

I wouldn't really be exaggerating to say that the vast majority of people find KOTCS to be their least favorite of the four films. So it would seem to me that hitting a home run with the Indy figure is imperative. The best way to do that would be with a very cool exclusive, the fridge. It might seem a bit campy, just like it did in the movie, but I know I would almost certainly pick one up if there was a fridge exclusive. If that's enough to make KOTCS Indy a solid seller it becomes more likely that the figures that follow from the film will be more successful, Mutt and Spalko etc. since they would then make cool compliment pieces. So anyway, I'm hoping for the fridge….. This could well get the line through a handful of Crystal Skull figures while we wait for TOD.

While the fridge would be a neat exclusive and definitely on par with the Indy exclusive as of late I have a feeling it'll be something like a 1/6 Crystal Skull or Rocket Launcher or something like that.

In keeping with the other large environment sets, maybe there will be a mummy with gold mask and crystal skull inside. Or the headless alien in his chair.

Fridge would be a lot easier to make that's for sure.

I'm glad that there's more Jones to come, but a KOTCS Indy is not something I see myself picking up, much like German Indy. I wouldn't get Mutt either. I might however get Spalko as I think she'd make a good figure.

I'm astounded that SS is finally making announcements like this in their Q&A. I like it. So I wonder if this Indy will be the SDCC figure?

Back