FINALLY custom Batman The Dark Knight1/6 BAT-SIGNAL

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mod6

Freaked Out
Reaction score
As of now I will not accept more requests.

And here we go…. Finally!
At last I’ve managed to finish my Batsignal. I’ve could have finished it like a month ago, but I forgot I had a school project to hand in, so I had to take a couple of weeks off the batsignal to focus on the school project.
I had already built one at the end of 2008 but at a smaller scale. 1/10 I think, but it’s about the same scale as the Bandai SIC Movie realizations TDK Batman & Batpod. Here you can see a few old pics I had taken of it with my crappy mobile camera.

1_10_wm.jpg

It can be powered either by battery or by USB. It also has a dimmer in order to control the brightness of the light. All the electrical parts where done by my buddy Elektro. I call him that, because he’s my go to guy for the electrical stuff :D. The first batsignal was for both of us experimental, meaning we worked with what we had, so just some old stuff/parts we had lying around. Nevertheless, it turned out great. Not on a collector level, but just as a cool thing to have. However, working like this has it’s downsides: since we used old parts, we weren’t able to make another one. Also, the lights we used were cheap, so they dimmed out one by one.

After having build a furnace for my freddy and seeing how much cooler freddy looked with it, I thought it would be cool to make a 1/6 scale version of the TDK batlight. But this time with a high detail level and as movie accurate as possible. And here are the results.

1mod6__batsignal1.jpg
1mod6__batsignal2.jpg
1mod6__batsignal3.jpg
1mod6__batsignal4.jpg
1mod6__batsignal6.jpg
1mod6__batsignal8.jpg
1mod6__batsignal9.jpg
1mod6__batsignal10.jpg

As of now I will not accept more requests

Last edited:

1mod6__batsignal11.jpg
1mod6__batsignal12.jpg
1mod6__batsignal13.jpg

Based on our bad experience with the light of the first version, we decided to do a lot of research for the projector light. Elektro came true with a kick ass light. Trust me; this thing will light up a completely dark room on its own. Because of that your’re able to project the bat symbol without any problem on the wall. Check out the pictures.

1mod6__batsignal14.jpg

Here the batsignal is about 0.75 meters away from the wall.

1mod6__batsignal15.jpg

1mod6__batsignal16.jpg

Here it’s about 2 meters away from the wall. As you can see it nearly takes the whole wall. :D

1mod6__batsignal17.jpg

One of the things I decided to do differently was the on/off switch. The one from the movie had its mechanism on a pole with two levers. It does make sense for the real thing, but for a 1/6 scale, I believe it takes attention away from the batsignal, and after long usage it will probably break in the user’s hand. So instead I choose to have the batlight light up when you press the symbol on the bottom piece. There’s also light behind the symbol, giving it that glow-look when it’s on. The batlight also rotates so if you don’t like the switch you can rotate it and display it in a way that the switch doesn’t show.

1mod6__batsignal5.jpg

1mod6__batsignal7.jpg

The new version is powered by battery only. So no USB option as with my small version and also no dimmer. Reason is that collectors usually display their stuff on shelves or in detolf, so a USB-cable would be a problem. What this version has extra is a remote control. So you can put it on a shelf or in your detolf and just use the remote (within 10 meters) when you want to turn it on or off without having to open your cabinet.

I was going for a price range of EUR 85, but after having build it completely, and seeing how much time/work it takes me to build it, I had to raise the price to EUR 115. Shipping for this is the same as for the furnace: EUR 25.85 outside Europe, and EUR 16.32 inside Europe. (Previous mention shipping cost prices are incorect. Please visit this post for accurate shipping prices https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1648002&postcount=86) Build time would probably be 4 to 6 weeks, depending on my schedule at the university and that of my buddy Elektro. Since some of the parts I’ll need to order from Germany, I will be building them 4 at the time. Also, the remote/electronic board we’re using is not being built anymore. So once they sold out in stores here, I will not be able to offer a remote version anymore. So First come, first serve. After that, I will probably do a version without remote and it will probably be 5 to 10 euros cheaper, depending on how much work it takes Elektro to make the new non-remote electric boards. Payment will go to thru PayPal only. Half on start, and the other half + shipping when it’s done.
So if you’re interested, just send me a PM or add a post and I’ll put you on the list. If you would prefer a non-remote version but would also be on the list, that’s not a problem, just let me know that you want the one without a remote.

Damn, why are my posts always so long. Myself I hate reading, so my apologies.

Last edited:

Here are a few more pics of the BatLight with my Takara Batman. I don’t have the Hot Toys versions, so no shot of them. Hopefully I can sell a few of these batlights to help me buy the Hot Toys TDK version. Also if I sell a few of these I will probably build a few more things of the TDK movie. :naughty

1mod6__batsignal18.jpg

1mod6__batsignal19.jpg
1mod6__batsignal20.jpg
1mod6__batsignal21.jpg
1mod6__batsignal22.jpg
1mod6__batsignal23.jpg
1mod6__batsignal24.jpg
1mod6__batsignal25.jpg
1mod6__batsignal26.jpg

That’s it; let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Put me down for....Zero

Edit....after doing the currency conversion.....I think I'll have to pass :(

I actually can't even see the pictures since I'm at work and they're blocked, but if its good enough for lforigno, it well surely be good enough for me! And i don't want to miss out! lol

Can't wait to get home and see the pics

I actually can't even see the pictures since I'm at work and they're blocked, but if its good enough for lforigno, it well surely be good enough for me! And i don't want to miss out! lol

Can't wait to get home and see the pics

thanks buddy lol. It really does look great.

Back