212th Attack Battalion: Utapau Clone Trooper - official photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
212_cap.jpg

I got the Utapau 212 Clone Trooper a little early. These are the troopers that had to Order 66 Obi-wan Kenobi and they didn't do a very good job. For this reason at least, they will always be one of the more significant clone battalion. One can argue about whether the multi-colored clones were designed that way to just sell more toys, but there's no denying that they're more visually interesting than a standard all white trooper.

Now Sideshow brings us their first Clone Trooper in 1/6 form, close on the heels of the OT Stormtrooper. He's on the armor body that we first saw with Clone Wars Obi-wan and has the vinyl like pinstripe suit under his armor. Where Obi-wan had a dark brown suit, the clone has the proper black suit.

There has been much debate about this figure, and there's room for a lot of controversy with a costume that was never actually made and only exists as a CG output. Even the official Lucasfilm image of this trooper doesn't really look exactly like the trooper as they appeared in the film. But looking at the screen caps of the short scenes with the 212 - I'd say that SSC did a bang up job in bringing this trooper to life.

212_1.jpg

212_2.jpg

212_3.jpg

212_4.jpg

212_5.jpg

212_6.jpg

212_7.jpg

212_8.jpg

212_9.jpg

212_01.jpg

The weathering is very well done, he really looks like he's been fighting a long campaign. The paint stripes aren't too bright and seem to be placed accurately compared to movie shots (but not to the official 212 LFL image).

I can't see anything wrong with the helmet either - but there aren't any close ups of the 212 helmet in the film, but I can't see any discrepancies.

He comes with 2 guns (seen in the pics) and a seperate set of fisted hands. Both of the hands that come on the body have trigger fingers, so he could use 2 guns. I got the exclusive which only comes with the white and orange stand. I think when we get a bunch of different troopers this will make for a colorful display, but I do wish I had the option of using the standard SW black stand.

I know some people are concerned about the looseness of the body. It's about the same as clone Obi, the tight vinyl suit inhibits movement a bit.

I'm going to get another one of these, like Stormtroopers, they look best when you have multiples. I'm very happy with how he turned out. Dare I say it? SEND IN THE CLONES (the other clones I mean, I especially want the guys in grape with the skirts...just a divine ensemble...:monkey3)

Good photos, Dave! Looks real nice in those pics and the helmet is indeed much improved from the prototype, thank God.

That exclusive stand is still the fugliest thing I've ever seen, though.

Definitely going for the regular. I canceled this via SSC but I'll definitely get the regular now I just can't get over the white base.

Thank you for the pics; this figure looks great! I have the regular version coming....very happy with this one. Now, I hope the 501st version is next. They will look real sharp next to Sith Anakin!

Definitely going for the regular. I canceled this via SSC but I'll definitely get the regular now I just can't get over the white base.

It's not just the whit, but the overall design of the base. It's just very gaudy, imho. Not at all as classy as Sideshow's bases usually are.

Good looking figure with nice paint work. The weathering makes it look like he is wearing some tennis shoes though!

It's not just the whit, but the overall design of the base. It's just very gaudy, imho. Not at all as classy as Sideshow's bases usually are.

Yeah I'm not liking the design overlay and the additional scripting. Would have preferred a laundry list of other exclusives than this. The figure does look amazing though.

Good looking figure with nice paint work. The weathering makes it look like he is wearing some tennis shoes though!

:lol You're right, it does! Great looking figure, don't know if I'm going to get it though. I think I'm only going to go for the clone commanders (Gree, Bly, and Cody).

Thanks Dave, can you provide any close ups of the helmet/weathering itself? And can SSC send you the Ark so I can decide whether I want to keep that on order or not? :lol

Ok, i thought the Stormtrooper they did was off for lots of reasons(still a good figure) but, this clone i can honestly say blows the medicom out of the water for detail for sure and overall look(even if its a bit off) the medicom EP3 helmets look crappy compared to this one, has to be the details that are selling me on this.

I just hope it can stand on its own.

Last edited:
Back