NEW Alien vs Predator videogame details!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Praetorian380

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is awesome!! Hope its done right and doesnt suck!

From Kotaku:

While everyone's been focused on Gearbox's Aliens game, Rebellion's Aliens vs Predator title has slipped beneath the radar. Until now!

Previews of the game have begun appearing in European magazines, and while they consist of little more than a bunch of screenshots, they do manage to reveal that the game is set 30 years after the events in Aliens (the movie), on a planet where Colonial Marines are trying to root out a serious xenomorph infestation. And then, yes, as the name suggests, Predators turn up for a spot of hunting.

As with Rebellion's previous AvP effort, there will be three singleplayer campaigns (one for each race), and it will feature a multiplayer component as well (though details on this are scarce at the moment). The game is due for release in 2010. We can only confirm from the scans that the game is coming for the PS3, though since they come from a PlayStation-only magazine, that's not terribly helpful.

here is the full story with a screenshot!!!
https://kotaku.com/5224038/first-look-at-new-aliens-vs-predator

This is different from the "on hold" Colonial Marines game.

This is the 3rd installment of the popular AvP video games.
As with those, there will be 3 single player campaigns that allow you to play as a Predator, an Alien, and a Marine.
Plus an extensive on-line multiplayer game.

And, judging by the screen shots below...this is going to kick much ass!
Some pics are from a foreign language mag and some from a US XBox mag.

Transcript from NUTS gaming mag from the UK:

"Yes, the movies have become increasingly pony, but the Aliens vs Predator games have always rocked hard, so a new one (out spring 2010-ish) is a reason to rejoice. Set 30 years after the brilliant Aliens movie, the game's set on an earth-like planet that's been colonised by the wily-headed ETs. So while colonial marines fight to put down the bitey threat, Predators arrive for their idea of the premier league. And you get to choose which race of angry Xenomorph you want to play. So you can expect three species-specific single-player campaigns, plus three-way Alien vs Predator vs Human online multi-player dust ups. Which is, like, totally cool!"

From what I'm hearing, you can also expect to be able to cocoon victims as an Alien, and drag your victims up into trees and skin them as a Predator.

avp7.jpg

avp1.jpg

avp2.jpg

avp3.jpg

avp4.jpg

avp5.jpg

avp6.jpg

avp8.jpg

Looks pretty awesome, but I hope that black marine will a helmet and will get less generic armor...Just a skull won't do! :lol

i enjoyed the old ones as well, cant wait for a new one with superior graphics and better lighting or lack there of

Here are scans of the full article from a US XBox magaizine.

There are some new pics.

Looks like a couple of shots of game maps.
And on the last page is some art of, what I hope is, their version of the Predalien.

Looks GREAT!

avp9e.jpg

avp9d.jpg

avp9c.jpg

avp9b.jpg

avp9a.jpg

avp9.jpg

I love the AVP2 for the PC and still play it to this day. I love how dark and how much you actually feel like a Colonial Marine, Alien and Predator in the game. Creeping down a dark corridor with just your shoulder lamp on to see and your motion tracker making those familiar "blip... blip... blip..." sounds.

“Oh no, way. Someone tell me that’s just a boot. That better be a boot.”

“Hey! It’s a boot!”

This game looks to be awesome and I can't wait for it. I also can't wait for the Colonial Marines game that is being made too. I've wanted that game since I saw it announced a couple of years ago.

awesome. i'd rather have more games than more ^^^^ty movies.
FOX should use the budgets of the movies for the games instead. they'd get a much better return on the investment.
and for the record, AVP Extinction was a good game.
but, it would've been a great game if it had multiplayer and was released on pc. you don't put rts games on consoles.

Hooray! I have no idea what's happening with Aliens: Colonial Marines, so this seems like it'll be the replacement...

And I had AVP: Extinction...and it was pretty...meh...

AND I quite liked Aliens vs Predator vs The Terminator...there's no such word as Overkill when it comes to these guys...

I can't wait for this. I love the PC AVP games and the conceept for this one seems even better. There's only one thing that always bother me. Why are the Preds always so Generic looking in these games. They're always model after Predator 1 and have the Banana Colored skin. Why not try something different. Why must Predator 2 have all the original looking Preds?

I hope it does well. I do have to admit that the AVP movies have given both Predator and Aliens a Bad name. I worry this might effect production and sales. Thank god it's not based on the Movies atleast.

Back