AH coffee table book in order.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullseye

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just looking at all those sketches behind Adam in the She Hulk sneak makes me think a coffee table book of the artwork is in order once this line is complete. Anyone else interested?

I collect books by different artists and I brought this up to Darth Saffron, sadly she says that it's not possible due to licensing and that they've tried to no avail. :( Trust me, I would've loved for this to happen, but she says there is just no way.

The majority of Adam's sketches for the comiquette line are in last years sketchbook and I'm sure the new ones will be in this years.

I collect books by different artists and I brought this up to Darth Saffron, sadly she says that it's not possible due to licensing and that they've tried to no avail. :( Trust me, I would've loved for this to happen, but she says there is just no way.
Ill Jedi;

I think the suggestion is that Sideshow do a book based on the statue line. It could reproduce the lithos, include all the sketch art, maybe some of the declined sketches, and really nice photos of the statues themselves.

This WOULD be possible; if Sideshow got approval from Marvel. What isn't possible is Adam and I doing a book. We don't own the licenses to any of the characters Adam draws, and we couldn't afford to buy it. Sideshow has a Marvel license already.

So its possible for this to happen. It would certainly be a nice book if produced by SS.

So its possible for this to happen. It would certainly be a nice book if produced by SS.
I agree, SS does have a really nice quality for printed items. But with the line still ongoing, it seems to me that doing a book at this stage would be pre-mature. It should happen when the line is done (if it ever ends?) or when more of the statues are competed. We've really only seen 6 statues with a 7th hinted at.

wouldn't it piss off people who bought the exclusives for the prints?
its a different printing format; the pages could be smaller and the book would be unlimited and not numbered on the pages with the prints.

Its not unusual for art that is limited in nature (like a print) to be reproduced in a book without devaluing the actual printed item.

It would also be nice to see how Adam's art evolved from conception to production. It might also be nice to see some WIPs of the sculpture in there too.

It would also be nice to see how Adam's art evolved from conception to production. It might also be nice to see some WIPs of the sculpture in there too.

thats a great idea! the WIP sculpts are always fascinating to me!

how about have AH! and Brooks randomly sign the exclusives prints that goes along with the comiquettes!??....that'll definitely boost SS sales!:D

Back