The OFFICIAL BLADE RUNNER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjam

Here on the Perimeter
Reaction score
There have been many branch threads but no real Home Thread for this 1982 Masterpiece. So, this is for all things Collectible "BLADE RUNNER": Customs, Figs, Vehicles, etc. And let's hope HT picks up this Classic 80's License...

This Thread is Proudly Dedicated to Our Man Batty. :D

"REVEL IN YOUR TIME."

Tyrell: [Tyrell explains to Roy why he can't extend his lifespan] The facts of life... to make an alteration in the evolvement of an organic life system is fatal. A coding sequence cannot be revised once it's been established.
Batty: Why not?
Tyrell: Because by the second day of incubation, any cells that have undergone reversion mutation give rise to revertant colonies like rats leaving a sinking ship; then the ship sinks.
Batty: What about EMS recombination?
Tyrell: We've already tried it - ethyl, methane, sulfinate as an alkalating agent and potent mutagen; it created a virus so lethal the subject was dead before it even left the table.
Batty: Then a repressor protein; that would block the operating cells.
Tyrell: Wouldn't obstruct replication, but it does give rise to an error in replication so that the newly formed DNA strand carries with it a mutation, and you've got a virus again... but this, all of this is academic. You were made as well as we could make you.
Batty: But not to last.
Tyrell: The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly, Roy. Look at you, you're the prodigal son; you're quite a prize.
Batty: I've done... questionable things.
Tyrell: Also extraodinary things; revel in your time.

Did Batty die? :monkey2

Of course not. :lol Batty is our Ultimate BR Freak on SSF. :D

Revel in this: Spenser's Rachel!

Here’s a quick Rachael, I need to spend some more time on the next one but I was anxious to see how the head would look.

rachael1.jpg

rachael3.jpg

rachael2.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently it's a very difficult license to get for various reasons. Sideshow was asked about it in a recent Q&A and I got the impression that they weren't even sure who held the rights to it.

There have been many branch threads but no real Home Thread for this 1982 Masterpiece. So, this is for all things Collectible "BLADE RUNNER": Customs, Figs, Vehicles, etc. And let's hope HT picks up this Classic 80's License...

This Thread is Proudly Dedicated to Our Man Batty. :D

"REVEL IN YOUR TIME."

:rock :rock :rock

Very cool thread! I just wish there was more actual licensed product out there to talk about. At least there's plenty to talk about as far as the movie goes.

Did Batty die? :monkey2

I want more life, father.

Well, there is some great news in the newest Previews. Boom Studios is adapting Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep into a 24 issue maxi series! I for one will be getting this series, and looking forward to a hardcover treatment after the run finishes up in two years time. That is, as long as the adaptation is done well and the artwork is high caliber.

Anyone else notice this coming?

I could've sworn he originally said "^^^^er"...

He did! :rock

Apparently it's a very difficult license to get for various reasons. Sideshow was asked about it in a recent Q&A and I got the impression that they weren't even sure who held the rights to it.

You know, it's funny how these things work. The same was said about Ghostbusters recently, but once a Sequel was announced, the likeness Rights followed. BTW, Sigourney has agreed to appear in GB3.

As far as BR, WB may one day do a Sequel. If that happens, the same may occur, although I doubt the original castmembers would reappear so it may be a moot point. Sometimes rights all get rolled into a future license, sometimes not. But because many of the original cast members are still alive, maybe something could be worked out in the event of a future franchising deal.

I would like to see someone secure this Property for a ViD Game, using original voices and likenesses (Like Scarface), then maybe that could lead to a Toy License being offered.

Btw, ERTL at one time had the license to do diecast vehicles.

Last edited:
I could've sworn he originally said "^^^^er"...

Scott changed it to "father" for the Final Cut.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/KDWgzEuF0zU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/KDWgzEuF0zU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Well, there is some great news in the newest Previews. Boom Studios is adapting Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep into a 24 issue maxi series! I for one will be getting this series, and looking forward to a hardcover treatment after the run finishes up in two years time. That is, as long as the adaptation is done well and the artwork is high caliber.

Anyone else notice this coming?

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53570&highlight=androids :D

From the Auction Page..

Only one hero firing weapon was made for the production which was created by mating a Steyr-Mannlicher Model .222 SL receiver on to a Charter Arms .44 police bulldog double-action revolver. It features custom amber grips, dual triggers, and futuristic illuminating LEDs (four red and two green) that can be activated by a small switch mounted beneath the barrel.

Very cool! Never realized the amber handle grips were translucent...

Back