NEW Sideshow Concept Predalien bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabres21768

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thanks to Dan for the heads up. :cool:

"This piece is in fact a sculpted Maquette made by Greg Figiel, which is based off artwork by Michael Broom, and THAT artwork was inspired by early concept drawings from Farzad Varahramyan."

The first pics are the early art work and concept drawings.

predalienconcept1.jpg

predalienconcept2.jpg

predalienconceptbust.jpg

predalienconceptbust-1.jpg

predalienconceptbust1.jpg

predalienconceptbust3.jpg

predalienconceptbust2.jpg

predalienconceptbust4.jpg

Last edited:
Ok that actually looks more like I'd expect an Alien/Predator hybrid to look like. I like how overall the head is more Alien with features and elements of the Predator as opposed to what was seen in AVP:R. I felt like the Predalien looked TOO MUCH like a Predator with the Alien features and elements taking a back seat.

Looks great! The only thing I'm not fond of are the colors of the mandibles, they're a bit jarring next to the black of the face/forehead.

predalienconcept2.jpg

i think that looks better than the actual final choice.

??? ive never seen a predalien look like that. i prefer the other design

im not a fan of how they left out the arms and everything else on this piece, but the sculpt looks very nice, maybe if this was a full maquette, i would b interested cause the other concept looks like samuel from hellboy, but im happy with the outcome of the final one anyways

Greg Figiel's vision of the Alien - Predator offspring is perfect. Besides the breathtaking design, it also captures the true essence of both breeds. If this creation really is the synopsis of three artists, then it's truly a significant form. Essential! The pairing of these two franchises may have failed big time on the silver screen, but in regards of sculpting/design it finally is a success.

They can milk the whole "concept" thing for as long as they want.

I'll buy 'em all!!

2v9syn8.jpg

I bet this base shows up sometime in a fake UFO video.

I love this concept version. I love the bust and all the colors they used.

I think the bust looks great. My only nitpick is that the head seems a bit short for an alien.

Back