Hot Toys - MMS DX 01- The Dark Knight - The Joker spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
Get ready guys, here's all the news you've been waiting for!!!!

Looks like you'll be able to have those eyes looking which ever way you like!

Hot Toys - MMS DX 01 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The Joker collectible figure

Hot Toys is proud to announce our brand new product line – MMS DX (Movie Masterpiece Deluxe), featuring a newly developed technique on the eyes of our collectible - Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS) with Colored Translucent Iris. The debut of the line is THE JOKER from the Dark Knight movie:

l Hot Toys True Type figure with over 35 points of articulation
l Stands approximately 12 inches / 31 cm tall
l Dressed in Gotham City police suit, hat, Gotham City cop badge and shoes, the characters wears for assassination scene in the movie.
l Weapons -M1 Garand Rifle
l Additional costume: Improved & movie-accurate Joker costume of an overcoat, sport coat, vest, shirt, tie, pants, belt, socks and shoes, with grenades rig and suspenders
l Weapons and accessories : Five pieces of grenades, knife, pistol and Joker cards
l Seven Interchangeable posing hands
l An interchangeable and new make-up Joker head featured with Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS) and Translucent Iris.
l Deluxe figure stand with LED lights

About Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS)

PERS is a brand new technique applies to Hot Toys MMSDX figurines, special features include:
l Unique designed eyeballs with colored Translucent Iris
l Simultaneous Positionable Eyeball Function
l Work in all direction, as natural as human eyes

Release date: End Q2 – Early Q3, 2009

Artist:
Sculpt by YULLI
Paint by JC Hong
Costume by HARUE Creative(Hai Lim)

TM & © DC COMICS.
WB SHIELD: TM & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.

1_MMSDXJoker14.jpg

2_MMSDXJoker16.jpg

3_MMSDXJoker7.jpg

4_MMSDXJoker6.jpg

5_MMSDXJoker5.jpg

MMSDXJoker1.jpg

MMSDXJoker2.jpg

MMSDXJoker3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
MMSDXJoker19.jpg

MMSDXJoker20.jpg

MMSDXJoker21.jpg

MMSDXJoker22.jpg

MMSDXJoker23.jpg

MMSDXJoker24.jpg

MMSDXJoker25.jpg

MMSDXJoker26.jpg

MMSDXJoker27.jpg

And that's it.... for now, phew!

Last edited:
wow.... this pretty much renders v1 joker useless whatever though im picking this up anyways

For real???The V1 Joker was a waste then.

The new sculpt looks good,impressive.With the Eyeball system and all like Enterbay has on their Bruce Lee`s.

Dammit. Would love to get this but just won't be able to afford it - the make-up looks a lot better than BR Joker in my opinion, and that costume much more accurate.

Not so sure about the moving eyeballs though - they look a little weird in those close-up shots when not centred.

Mh, I don't know, I like the BR-sculpt much more. The new one is a bit weird, especially the mouth area... something seems to be off :sick

Does someone know how much the price tag will be?

Looking goood.I like this one.Big surprise with the "Eagle eyes",was nt expecting that.Translucent Iris sounds like she could be his sidekick.

So Hot Toys are really going after Enterbay head on. Corporate rivalry, don't you love it. Looks like they are using the removable hairpiece to get at the eyeball system too. Hope they aren't going to use that awful Velcro, on his vest, again.

Gorgeous work, but I'm gonna pass on this one because I'm VERY happy with my v1 Joker w/ BR head. But I look forward to seeing more releases with the new eye system!

I'm really curious about the cost here. This is basically two figures. A great deal for anyone who passed on the first two Jokers (although why anyone would've passed on the BR is beyond me!) If I hadn't already gotten mine, this would be the set to get!

I'm excited to see other releases rendered with the moving eyes. I wonder about the aesthetics, though. It'd work beautifully for Cap. Jack, but not so much for Don Vito.

It looks amazing! I still think the BR Joker headsculpt looks better though.....the moveable eyes look kinda unnatural.

So Hot Toys are really going after Enterbay head on. Corporate rivalry, don't you love it. Looks like they are using the removable hairpiece to get at the eyeball system too. Hope they aren't going to use that awful Velcro, on his vest, again.

Possibly, but you've always been able to see the seam of the additional piece to Joker's hair. It might also be access through the bottom of the neck.

Back