let the price gouging begin! 12in. luke exc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88th division

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I just saw the listing on ebay. Someone has the 12 inch exclusive Luke skywalker with blaster up for bid. Starting bid is $60.00 with a reserve.
The buy it now is $399.00!!! I do not know about you but the blaster doesn't mean that much to me.

I just love how the seller has the user IDs of the bidders private. I guess he doesn't want anyone to tell them about the waitlist. :rolleyes:

It's actually four hundred dollars for the first 12" SSC Star Wars figure released in a new collectors series, and an exclusive version at that. I wouldn't buy it for that but someone might. This probably will be a valuable figure even with it's ginormous production run.
I'm taking mine out of the box and playing with it. You guys who plan on reselling yours NRFB should send me a Christmas card for increasing the value of your investment.

WTF!!!!!!!!!! I get my Newsletter saying I can order Exclusive 12" Luke and it is sold out! This sucks big time!

Yeah, I just got the newsletter this morning (Sat, which is one day late), but I remember the discussions that they were going to debut Jedi Luke at 3pm Pacific time, so I logged on 2 hrs later and ordered the exclusive, which at the time did not require a special link (top 10 list). It will be a little crazy with these exclusives from now on because the secondary market has already heated up. $400 is a huge profit margin. It is a nice figure so I can understand why it is so hot. Regular versions will have huge edition #'s and likely command some value a few years down the line. These will be the best star wars 12" figures ever produced, the portraits in this scale from sideshow is really unbeatable. Glad I didn't get the hasbro ones.

If they sell I for one don't think these sellers are fools. You know...I don't need the little exclusive gun. Hmmm... Sell Luke, Greedo 1:1 becomes alot cheaper all of a sudden :naughty

Done! Im selling. Anyone $250? :D

Greedo said:
If they sell I for one don't think these sellers are fools.

I just don't trust many auctions where the buyer's ID is hidden. This could be a fake auction to drive up prices so when the seller's really ready to sell, he'll make more money. Either that, or there's someone out there with too much money to burn who's going to be pissed when he finds out this doesn't ship until mid-2006. Research is always key when using eBay. :)

EDIT: There are now 4 auctions at $250 and up on eBay. Half don't say when it's going to be released.

If I were SSC I'd seek out these sellers and cancel their orders...

"...I'm sorry Mr. Scalper, I can't seem to find your order ANYWHERE...."

That's funny! Is there a way they could do that? It's an amusing situation to imagine. I wish Ebay could find a way to do away with people selling things that they don't actually own yet--and that don't actually exist yet, for that matter.

Mitthrawnuruondo said:
i missed the boat adn am sure to get hosed .:confused:

Honestly - buy the Regular. It's exactly the same except for the gun. And the edition size is still TBD on that one... :duff

Darklord Dave said:
If I were SSC I'd seek out these sellers and cancel their orders...

"...I'm sorry Mr. Scalper, I can't seem to find your order ANYWHERE...."

I don't think that is the right approach. Where are you going to draw the line? Are you going to ask SS to keep a "black list" of who can buy items from them, and who can't? Sounds a bit 'totalitarian' to me.
I much more like the following idea:

tomandshell said:
That's funny! Is there a way they could do that? It's an amusing situation to imagine. I wish Ebay could find a way to do away with people selling things that they don't actually own yet--and that don't actually exist yet, for that matter.

I like Darklord Dave's Idea, cancel the orders SSW! Scalpers eat donkey dew.

Yes, do away with them ebay!!! Nuke em!

Back