Supersizing the Medi Stormtrooper....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenammagazine

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, I had a go at adding extenders to my Medi Stormtrooper to get him on par, height wise, with the Sideshow Stormtroopers. It's an easy mod requiring a little patience and kid gloves...but sometimes that doesn't even work :lol.

The bad :mad:: while carefully putting on RAH extenders, from a nude RAH I bought years ago that broke during shipping from HK :(, on the Stormtrooper's feet, the top of the foot, where the slug is fractured all to hell, cracking like thin ice and rendering them all but broken. It's still in one piece but will break if sneezed at :lol.

The good :eek:: I was able to utilize the nude RAH feet with extenders by putting black socks over the feet and pushing them through the calf armor and into the shoes. So now I have a Medi Stormtrooper I can actually pose with my Sideshow Troopers with no height differential.

Questions:

1) Does anyone know where I can get an upgraded replacement RAH for the Medi (an updated version of the cheap 301 that broke on me during shipping)?

2) and preferred, is there another, more durable body by another company that will work and fit in the Medi armor?

I still have another Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper and a Blackhole Trooper that need this operation. :lol

Scale Schmale.

Live with it.

I dunno the new medicom bodys coming out are very nice and sturdy, but i think it may be a while before they are available as common place.

Should've just sold the midget off.

Not in today's market. :lol Brand new he cost me (what 6-7 years ago?) the same as two Sideshow Stormtroopers and I doubt I could get anything more than the cost of one shipped. Besides, we don't know if/when we'll get an Officer Sandtrooper or a Blackhole Trooper.

Just put your Medi with your SS and pose the ^^^^ out of em and be cool and not care like me!

And enjoy the ^^^^ out of em, I promise you'll be much more satisfied.:wacky

Just put your Medi with your SS and pose the ^^^^ out of em and be cool and not care like me!

The most logical words I've ever seen in the Star Wars section :lol

I'm sure I'll be more than satisfied when I hear a crunch and the arm flops loose, broken :lol.

So... is there a body comparable in size to the RAH's proportions? :huh

It might be possible to get the armor onto a Dragon body. Although I imagine you'd have to sand the hell out of the torso and the waist to get the armor on.

Best advice yet.

TRUE!!! TRUE!!!

The most logical words I've ever seen in the Star Wars section :lol

It'll all work out in the end no worries.

sw013eb3.gif

Bit of milliput / sculpey did the trick for me, now Ive a decent stormy

Stood next to the SSC one it magnifies whats wrong with it

Paint (look at the eye brow ridge)
Helmets to big for my liking
crotch to small for my liking
colour stood next to the medi its like an advert for washing powder (before and after)
the armours too ridgid for my liking
he just looks like a bulldog stood next to a panther imo

sending it back, the only good thing I get from it . . . it brought the price of medi stormtroopers down for a while so I could buy a second one, Im just hoping that I dont have to send back my Sandy, he's going next to a marmit (god help him)

IMG_0496.JPG

Last edited:
I have 2 SS Stormies and a RAH Stormie and BHS (plus both Vaders, Sandtrooper, Royal Guard and TIE Pilot preorder). And I like all of them. Can't wait for SS Vader and Sandtroopers to arrive and same for RAH TIE Pilot.

I'm going to display the Medicoms on a separate shelf than the SS ones. not because I care about the height but because I don't have a place to dispaly them together alas. But right now I have RAH ROTS Vader, RAH Sandy and SS Cmdr. Praji displayed together and they look really cool.

It might be possible to get the armor onto a Dragon body. Although I imagine you'd have to sand the hell out of the torso and the waist to get the armor on.

Actually, your post and one by Lerath in the SS ST pic thread, inspired me last night. I was able to get it on a Dragon body, but not what you'd think. Although, I'll need to find some other way to mod my others as I don't want to do this with them :lol. Pics forthcoming...:naughty

Back