Sam Raimi on Evil Dead 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batty

Nexus 6
Reaction score
I don't think we'll see the next movie any time soon, but here's some news.

Hitting shelves now, the May issue of Empire features a Big Interview with Sam Raimi, a long and wide-ranging chat that featured the thrilling revelation that the god of gore has started work on a script for Evil Dead 4. "We've got nine pages so far. Every time I'm with my brother Ivan, we write another page of it. It's in Detroit and in my garage."

Confirming that he has Bruce Campbell firmly in mind to reprise the iconic role of Ash ("Unless you think I should do it?"), Raimi shared some pointers on what the script has in store so far. "There's some dialogue. Ash being an idiot. Ash taking some abuse. Some character stuff and then some structure of Act Two. Just other possibilities for things that could happen. It's ideas, jokes, things we'd like to see."

It's still early days for the project then, but if you run into Ivan Raimi, it's well worth forcing him onto a plane to Michigan.

https://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=24473

I hate to say it, but Campbell is too old and doughy for Ash now. I'd rather just watch him on Burn Notice.

I hate to say it, but Campbell is too old and doughy for Ash now. I'd rather just watch him on Burn Notice.
nonsense.
Bruce has only gotten more hilarious with age and i want to see a grizzled chubby Ash try to save the world from cheap special fx and hackneyed camera zooms.

nonsense.
Bruce has only gotten more hilarious with age and i want to see a grizzled chubby Ash try to save the world from cheap special fx and hackneyed camera zooms.

More power to ya.

I prefer to remember Ash at his cocky, and fit, ED2/Army of Darkness best. I've already got Bubba Ho-Tep and My Name is Bruce for middle aged, chubby Bruce zombie action.

After seeing his latest movie My name is Bruce....All I kept thinking about was...hurry up and make Evil Dead 4......he actually did not look bad in the film and definitely could pull off one last ride for part 4

When I meet Bruce in 2 months, I'll ask him what he thinks about an ED4.
also make sure to ask him to go back in time and not make Jack of All Trades.
if i forget it ever existed by the time i post this, i'll know my plan has worked.

oh, wait...

Last I heard, Bruce was saying ED4 will happen in its own time but Sam's too busy making big blockbusters these days, he can make another evil Dead anytime.

Back