Let the speculation begin - First 2 figures...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm going with an armored Uruk (Lurtz or Ugluk) and then a hero, like Aragorn, Boromir or Frodo.

Although...they could go with the ladies....Arwen riding costume or Coronation! :naughty

Lurtz and Gandalf the Gray would be great. A very solid initial offering.

I would love to see a pose for Gandalf like the bronze statue.

I like the bow-drawn pose for Lurtz, but something even more dynamic may be suitable. The Uruk-hai swordsman is one of my favorite statues because it is so dynamic.

I wonder if Sideshow will be able to do a better (face-sculpt wise)Aragorn than the Neca 18''.The one by Weta didnt look very much like Aragorn...This will be a test....

Gotta Be Lurtz and Strider!

Dammit, I promised myself I would stop collecting LOTR at the end of 2005!

I think Gruson is most likely right on this one. I would expect Lurtz in armor and GTG.

Gruson said:
Armored Lurtz and GTG

woo hoo!

PLEASE let these be the first two. :joy

I can't wait to see the cool exclusives SS is bound to come up with as well!

Let me add too that I would like to see a Strider sooner than later, but I would expect SS wouldn't want to overwelm customers price wise with their first offerings. A Lurtz in Armor is naturally going to be pricier so they could balance that with a less complicated and likely cheaper offering which GTG would definitely fit the bill. I would think that Strider would be more complicated with all of his armament and multilayers to his costume.

Of course, that's just my take on it.

Shaihulud said:
I wonder if Sideshow will be able to do a better (face-sculpt wise)Aragorn than the Neca 18''.The one by Weta didnt look very much like Aragorn...This will be a test....

I think the likenesses on these will kick ass. Since SS sculptors will be doing them, all one has to do is look at the current PF sculpts to see how excellent they can be. Some of those others are amazing. I've never been so excited to give my money away!

I think Lurtz might be right on, but a complete other direction and more pocketbook friendly would be a hobbit. And I nominate the Ringbearer himself. So armored Lurtz and Frodo is my prediction.

But that said - I think most people are going to be picky about which ones of these they buy. And if SS is testing the waters to see how it will do, it would be smart to stick with the Fellowship at first. So how about Legolas and Gimli for the first 2?

Legolas, Lurtz, GTG. Sideshow's success kicked off when they started doing more bad guys. The fellowship had poor showings in the beginning.

Back