Heya.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloud

Super Freak
Reaction score
My name is Cloud (real name), and I'm a chick (a lot of people online assume I'm a guy thanks to Final Fantasy). This isn't my first post. Actually I came across this site searching for images of the 13" DC Direct Comedian and found your thread all about him on Google. I'm just hooked to images of the figure because I'm antsy to get my own in the mail. Anyway, my first post was in that thread.

Let's see. I work the graveyard shift at Target. It's not a flashy job, but at least I work with my boyfriend. I'm searching for a day job though. I'm growing out of my nocturnal phase. I need a nice office job methinks.

My hobbies are writing, drawing and watching movies. I was a gamer when I was a kid, but nowadays the only games that I can keep playing for hours are those of the Guitar Hero/Rock Band variety. And of course I love collecting. I wouldn't be posting here if I wasn't a collector. My biggest collecting passion is Harley Quinn (as well as the Joker, Batman and Poison Ivy to go along with her), but I also collect Star Wars (mostly Han Solo, Plo Koon and Aayla Secura), Jack Skellington, Cloud Strife (for obvious reasons), Jack Sparrow, Jessica Rabbit, Betty Boop, and currently I'm on a Watchmen kick, getting everything of the Comedian and Rorschach that I can get my hands on. Except for those spendy weapon replicas. I would love to get the Comedian's side-arms because I adore those smiley-faced hilts, but I don't think I could justify spending too much money on them.

Anyway, please be gentle. I just found out that I have a malignant tumor in my throat, ack! But the bright side of having a thyroidectomy and being a huge Watchmen nerd is that I'm going to be quoting Rorschach like nobody's business when my voice is all hoarse and gravely like his. :) Haha. Surgery on the 31st.

Actually my man and I were planning on cosplaying as Watchmen characters for conventions. I was going to be Rorschach and if he could find a decent looking costume, he wants to be Nite Owl II. I told him that if he couldn't, I would totally be up for Silk Spectre I and he could be the Comedian. Of course he shot me down with that one, as he loathes the Comedian (whereas I adore the character). Ah well. :) It just shows what huge nerds we are though. We're also going to cosplay as Aayla Secura and Kit Fisto. Here's me in my Aayla garb:
Aaylalightsaber.png

Anyway, I'm glad I've come across this site and I look forward to meeting many of you (I only specify "many" because there are a lot of members here - I doubt I will have the chance to talk to all of you). I've read some of the threads already and I can tell that I belong here.

Peace!:peace
-Cloud-

EDIT: Ah, and I am very passionate about music. I love Ozzy Osbourne, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, a lot of bands that were before my time. My favorite current band is Nine Inch Nails. :D I saw Trent live last year, it was an amazing show.

:D Thank you for the welcome!

I'm of the opinion (maybe it's just me) that the best music came from the 60s/70s. It was so passionate back then, especially the protest music. My favorite song right now is "Volunteers" by Jefferson Airplane. It might be because I'm in a weird emotional state due to my health, but that song moved me to tears once. It's not a sad song, it's just so passionate. "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd is my default favorite.

I could talk music all day. :)

Welcome to the Show Cloud, Great Taste in Music, Good taste in Collecting, Sorry to here about your Throat, You Look Good as Ayala, and Harley Quinn is a Very Cool character, Look for ya on the Boards, Be Cool

Thanks, everybody. :)

I forgot to mention that I also collect Futurama figures, Blues Brothers stuff, Cowboy Bebop, Space Channel 5, and I have quite a nice Sailor Moon collection from when I was a kid.

Heh. I'm kind of a talker, I love making friends and my life is an open book, so I will spill about myself if given the chance. :)

:welcome to the Forums! Enjoy yourself among the Freaks!! :welcome

Also best wishes go out to you that your surgery goes well, and you can put the whole situation behind you. :)

Back