Anakin conversion to TrueType body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abake

Rex Tremendae Majestatis
Reaction score
Has anybody done this or tried?
I was wondering how difficult it would be to attach the robotic arm and fit the boots...
Anakin really deserves a better base-body.

i was thinking this. im in the process of getting qui gon, darth maul and few others on these bodys and wouldnt mind annie one 1 too but the arm bothered me 2.

put maul on a dragon. hes shorter. he will be way to tall and broad. dragon bodies especially the slim chested ones will let his clothes drape better!

put maul on a dragon. hes shorter. he will be way to tall and broad. dragon bodies especially the slim chested ones will let his clothes drape better!

thanks for that drjedisith~!! ill put him on a dragon. u got a link to a good slim chested dragon that wud work well. and i take it the height difference is alot different between dragons and htoys.?

as for sideshow maul head, and heads, are they easy enough to attatch to the dragon body?

you know, the short sideshow body isnt bad. its easy because you have all the glove attatchments solved. i forgot that my custom maul from erik barclay is on a dragon and it was easy because he made custom gloves. you might have to modify the hand attatchments to use the sideshow maul gloves if you decide on a dragon. i know dragon "michael chan" is a slim chest. clothes dont look so pigeon chested on those. but then again there are normal dragon bodies that suit another character.dragon figures are just a bit smaller all around. not really that short. but enough to see the build is different.keep an eye out at monkey depot. thats usually where i get mine.
youll see once you have more bodies to experiment with, that "the look" youre going for will be trial and error. you wont know if youre going to like it til you compare.

Ven's not the one who transplanted anakin, Twas me. I've not attached the mechanical arm yet, but I probobly will eventualy. I've only put the gloved arm on him. I did the gloved arm by boiling the crap out of the arm, and slipping a thin strip of metal into the segment between the arm and the glove, and pull . repeating as nessacary. it's just glued on. i'm trying to figure out a way to make the wrist on the glove articulated before i start cutting up the true type arm to affix the robotic part. the glove fits nice and tight over the mechanical arm wit h the hand removed and a shirt tucked into the arm, i just need to figure out how to make this arm a perment fixture of the truetype.

For now it's just a truetype arm without a wrist, with the glove slipped over it.

pics are REALLY Old. i need to take some newer ones.
Anakin on the truetype is the one in the back.
vadertwins001.jpg

vadertwins003.jpg

anakin001.jpg

anakin002.jpg

anakin003.jpg

lerath,

do you think you can take pics of both figures together to see the differences? That would be very helpful.

Another problem is that truetypes are shorter than the buck so Anakin would end up too small to look good. That is probably why lerath666's is in such a dramatic pose - to hide his height.

Hey Lerath, could you explain how you attached the gloved arm to the TrueType again please? I didn't really understand how you did it...
Also, how difficult/easy is it to get the TT feet into Anakin's boots?
One very simple thing I did that helped improve the look of the figure a lot was to make the pants tighter. And, obviously, a Darren Carnall Anakin re-sculpt does wonders.

Thanks!

Another problem is that truetypes are shorter than the buck so Anakin would end up too small to look good. That is probably why lerath666's is in such a dramatic pose - to hide his height.

thanks for the info man.. I would be nice to see a comparison picture to see the differences on height..

why does everyone keep saying the True type body is shorter than the buck? it's the same size once you get the ankle joints and feet plugged in. I'll take some pics of them together later.
He's actualy in Dramatic poses simply because he CAN be i n dramatic poses.

why does everyone keep saying the True type body is shorter than the buck? it's the same size once you get the ankle joints and feet plugged in. I'll take some pics of them together later.
He's actualy in Dramatic poses simply because he CAN be i n dramatic poses.

You seem to know alot about the 1/6 bodies. So I ask you, what height is the TT? As tall as a normal Buck or a small buck? The only reason I ask is because I just pre ordered a couple of TT bodies to put ANH Han Solo and Anakin on. Now, on the Snake Eyes thread some people are changing the pro to the TT, yet as far as I can tell the Pro is a stall as the short buck, I just put my Jedi Luke on it so I know this is fact. So would Snake Eyes now be as tall as Han or Anakin or the reverse? Im a bit confused on the sizes, specially when the guy from monkey depot showed pics of the TT next to Snake Eyes and they were the same size and some are using the TT on SW guys like Solo and Anakin.

Ven's not the one who transplanted anakin, Twas me. I've not attached the mechanical arm yet, but I probobly will eventualy. I've only put the gloved arm on him. I did the gloved arm by boiling the crap out of the arm, and slipping a thin strip of metal into the segment between the arm and the glove, and pull . repeating as nessacary. it's just glued on. i'm trying to figure out a way to make the wrist on the glove articulated before i start cutting up the true type arm to affix the robotic part. the glove fits nice and tight over the mechanical arm wit h the hand removed and a shirt tucked into the arm, i just need to figure out how to make this arm a perment fixture of the truetype.

For now it's just a truetype arm without a wrist, with the glove slipped over it.

pics are REALLY Old. i need to take some newer ones.
Anakin on the truetype is the one in the back.
vadertwins001.jpg

vadertwins003.jpg

anakin001.jpg

anakin002.jpg

anakin003.jpg

Do you happen to have a duster handy :D

i never did get around to taking those comparison photos. i'll do my best to take them this week. I've just gone back to classes, so i've been a bit busy. and i know, I've got a bit of a hoth display going there :lol
The figures themselves don't get to get to dusty, I handle them too much for that. the shelves, on the other hand......

Back