Stephen King's "It" headed to the big screen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batty

Nexus 6
Reaction score
This is a remake I actually agree with. Beside Tim Curry, I never thought the original mini-series was that great.

Warner Bros. is doing "It," tapping Dave Kajganich to adapt Stephen King's novel, with Dan Lin and Vertigo's Roy Lee and Doug Davison producing.
"It" centers on seven children in a small Maine town who confront the source of a series of murders in 1958 and again in 1985, when the cycle begins again.

The novel was previously adapted into a 1990 ABC miniseries.

Kajganich is also writing "Escape From New York" for Neal Moritz and New Line and "True Story" for Plan B to produce at Paramount Vantage, with Kevin McDonald attached to direct.

This cannot be done in under 3 hours without seriously sacrificing a lot.

I'd actually be ok with them focusing only on the child years, but I think you're likely to just get a lot of missing info. I won't be surprised if they remove a few characters.

This is my favorite King book so I'm psyched but it's going to have to be really well edited/adapted to make a single movie. Maybe someone will finally make a damn Pennywise figure/statue/ANYTHING. :lol

shame yet another classic is havin the remake treatment. i love the original, alittle cheesy today, but pennywise is stil creepy and is still in the top 50 of my horror icons i think!!

i think they should leave it alone. and as said by ProgMatinee, they will have to cut out hell of a lot to fit into a 2hour or so movie. which will ruin it. id rather not see it then have them remake it and 'hollywoodize' it with cutting bits out.

and yeah itotaly agree about the pennywise toys, id LOVE to see neca do a pennywise in their cult classics range. i personly like the cc range so a pennywise with balloons would rock!! and maybe as a variant do a pennywise with his burnt face!

i might be wrong and it could be a good remake, if so id be happpy to admit it and sit and enjoy the movie. but im sticking with the original!!

tim curry IS pennywise.

"whats the matter b b b b billy boy"

tim curry IS pennywise.

"whats the matter b b b b billy boy"[/QUOTE]

He did play a badass Pennywise. But ppl always say that a certain actor is a part and then when it gets remade you couldn't see it any other way. Ppl said Edward Furlong was John Connor but from the trailer Bale seems to have left Furlong in his tracks.

I'm not disagreeing with you I'm just saying give the new guy who plays Pennywise a chance. Even if he's not better than Curry he'll still do a good job probably. :D

yeah i totaly agree with ya, i always keep an open mind on remake movies so ican see how they play the character frm a differnet angle.

but like u said, im 1 of those ppl that always associates the 1st performer as the character, if that makes sense. like no matter how good they are id always see ed furlong as j connor over bale, even tho bale looks awsome.

therefore id always see pennywise plyed by curry, even if the guy who gets the job does do a good job.

i aint bashing them personaly, i jjst think they shouldnt remake it. but as isaid ill keep an open mind and see what its like.

buti agree with u on that fact, he prob will do a good job as he will be updating the character.

tim curry IS pennywise.

"whats the matter b b b b billy boy"

He did play a badass Pennywise. But ppl always say that a certain actor is a part and then when it gets remade you couldn't see it any other way. Ppl said Edward Furlong was John Connor but from the trailer Bale seems to have left Furlong in his tracks.

I'm not disagreeing with you I'm just saying give the new guy who plays Pennywise a chance. Even if he's not better than Curry he'll still do a good job probably. :D[/QUOTE]

Looking around the net, I saw a post that SCI-FI network was supposed to make a TV miniseries in 2010. Wonder if that canned?

Other than Curry I don't identify any of the actors from the miniseries with the characters from the book. And even Curry wasn't what I imagined. I'm open to anything. I never expect anything from adaptations so I usually end up appreciating what's good and not really being offended by the bad.

I loved the book. It was fantastic. I don't think they did it justice in the made for tv movie mini series. Ritter aside (r.i.p.) I think it could really be done right, more accurate to the book it would really be amazing. With a lot of Kings books, that get turned into movies and they just don't measure up to the greatness of the novel. This is one I'm really hoping they get right.

wow....this is awesome. It is the only stephen king book that i read straight through without putting down and coming back to. the original use to haunt my dreams and is probably responsible for many people's phobias of clowns.
~~i hope they don't junk this movie up with Jonas brothers teeny bopper crap.

They originally did 'Salem's Lot, my personal fave of King's, and It as miniseries' because feature film versions would have had to cut too much out. That would adversely affect the story. If they're sticking true to the book they'll be hardpressed to pull it off. If they're reimagining it, pardon the pun, then it will most likely suck.

glad to see its been noticed and is getting the remake treatment , I already know though ( for me at least ) it wont be anywhere near as good as the original.

This is a remake I actually agree with. Beside Tim Curry, I never thought the original mini-series was that great.

Kajganich is also writing "Escape From New York" for Neal Moritz

Does this mean they're re-making Escape from New York?

Back