1/4 Russell Crowe 'Gladiator' Maximus Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PsychoCenobite

Super Freak
Reaction score
I thought I'd start a thread dedicated to the commissioned 1/4 scale Russell Crowe 'Gladiator' Maximus statue, sculpted by Andy Bergholtz, now that most people have received their casts and some of them are being completed.

My casts arrived yesterday... well four of them are now with me and one of them is with Les in the US! :cool:

gladiator1a.jpg

gladiator3.jpg

I was going to have a go at building one myself but becasue I have no experience in building kits, I just don't think I'll do a good job.

It looks like there needs to be some cutting, sanding and filling to get the statue fully built. So, I'll be looking at selling the above four - keep an eye out! :eek:

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Ive been waiting ages for this... some pics for now but I'll post more pics amongst my collection soon. Hope y'all like...

max_completed4.jpg

max_completed3.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys.
It was painted by a guy called 'Mat Scrivens', based in Shefield, England. His forum name on the statue forum is 'logan25'.

Reinhardt, I agree that the neck seemed too long, which is why Mat bulked out the neck and muscles for me. Im sorry you didnt notice it :(

Did you hear about the Roman cannibal who had his mother-in-law over for dinner?

He was glad he ate her.

:duff

Thanks for posting pics--this turned out great!

looks great, i would get one, but i just dont have the patience for a paint job wait right now :banghead

I only wish SS had done a Maximus PF

Why?

This one is great as is imo. I don't know what SS could do to improve what your seeing already.

This sculptor did a kick ass job and the paint job is top notch.

I will be getting one done hopefully by summer as well. Can't wait :rock

Nice.

I noticed it did look bulkier. Good job...although the shoulder pads and other areas are still off.

Best Maximus piece there is.

Back